2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Good Alternative for Compact
By Chip on 01/03/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I felt that this car was overall better than the Civic & Corolla. It came w/ more standard features and the quality of material was supurb. As for the Protege's success, I had no doubt in purchasing it.

Awesome Machine
By John brown on 12/25/04 00:18 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This Car is built in Japan and it Shows, excellent Fit and Finish, Workmanship is also excellent. The quality of the Materials used in the interior is among the best i have ever seen , the Stereo is awesome once you get used to it's controls. And of course everyone knows Mazda makes the Best Manual Transmissions. The attention to details is typical Japanese, everyday you will find something new and exciting to love about this car such as the built in Paper clips behind the vanity mirrors to hold your notes or travelling directions or the Velvet lined upper compartment of the armrest to hold and protect your sunglasses, or the Waterbottle holders in the doors. Awesome Machine , i love it.

Fantastic!
By Nick Man on 12/19/04 21:09 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solar Yellow Mazda3s since April 2004. After test driving the bland Civic, outdated Corolla & overpriced Jetta, my decision came with the 3. I purchased mine with every option available including leather seating surfaces, xenon headlights, auto-dim temp/compass rearview mirror, all-weather floormats, tinted windows (performed by the dealership shortly after purchase) & a whole lot more for less than 20k. Anyone would be hard- pressed to find more "luxury" in a subcompact than Mazda has offered in the 3. People need to remember, this is not a luxury car, it is a subcompact. We're talking a 3, not a 3-Series.

My First Mazda, And Loving It
By jennifer on 12/19/04 02:54 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for a brand new car during fall of 2004 after selling my modified 97 Civic, I test-drove many different cars. Three factors were important to me. First, the price. Second, the performance and reputation for reliabilty. Third, how much i was attracted to not only the exterior, but the interior. The Corolla-S, Sentra-SER,Saturn Ion,Mitsubishi Lancer,Chevy,Ford,Honda,Hyundai and Kia models did not satisfy all three factors for me. When I test-drove the 2004 Mazda3S, not only did it cover all three bases,it was the only car that made me smile. It was also the first time that i sat in a Mazda, and I was in love. Beautiful inside, gorgeous outside, and a kick-ass motor.Very responsive

Very nice car!
By Jeremey on 12/15/04 00:44 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I got a great deal on it when the car was still a fairly new car to the United States. This car is fast and responds well and gets great gas mileage. You just can't find a better car in this price range that looks as good as this one does!

SOLID in every way
By shining3 on 12/11/04 19:44 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My dealer screwed up a 2005 mazda3 s I oredered in August. Car had no options on it, listed for $17,135. Didn't arrive when the dealer said it would so I got $1500 off a 2004 that listed for $19,310; has moonroof & 6- disk, abs & airbags, sport package. I thought I could be happy without these extras but now that I have them, glad I do. Too bad I see so many other 3s on the road. Car feels very solid inside and out. Make several dealers compete with each other to give you the best price.

EXCITEMENT after 3 DAYS of OWNERSHIP
By Julia Kemp on 12/11/04 13:58 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From a family owning a 2003 BMW M3 conv.,a 1999 BMW 528i,a 1989 Chrysler T/C by Maserati, and a 1965 Ferrari 330GT2+2, I think I know a bit about quality automobiles. I'm a college student in Savannah, Georgia. My Dad and I picked up the Mazda 3 three days ago, and have fallen in love with it. THis car replaces the 1991 Volvo 740 I used to drive, and the Mazda is SO much more FUN, even though I'm just learning how to drive standard. Even though the trunk is sort of small, there's ample room for golf clubs IN the trunk and out of view, without folding down the rear seat. I like this since I am on the Golf Team and carry my clubs wherever I travel. The Velocity Red paint-job is a real hit, too

zoom zoom
By Jcmansor on 12/08/04 02:04 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks! Worth every cent.

great car, great price
By Kevin Hines on 12/06/04 22:05 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

you can't find a better car in this price range. It handles well and looks great. Interior design is far above what you expect from a compact. Seats are really comfortable.

EVERYONE NEEDS THIS!
By POO on 12/05/04 14:40 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is fantastic! i went from a non-fuel happy silverado to this and all i can say is wow! gets about 25 mpg, wish it was a little better! i couldn't be more happy!