2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

s 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (246 reviews )
Love it!!!
By Chris Evans on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a couple of months now and I have gotten nothing but compliments except for the people jealous that they don't have one.

Mazda 3 Hatch after 500 miles
By banthony on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for something to replace my boring 98 Corolla sedan, but with the 30+ mpg. Test drove both of the new Corollas with the 130 and 180 hp engines. Both of these cars sucked compaired to the old car. Looked at the Matrix and Elantra GT, but never drove either of these (cold only find them in automatics). Matrix looked small (Geo-Mertro like) from the outside, and the trunk was small on the inside. Then I sumbled onto the Mazda 3 Hatch. Wow, this is what I was looking for! A car with style, good performance, smooooth engine, smooth clutch, smooth shifting. The Mazda 3 has farily comfortable seats, and arm rests that you can accually use. This car can be fun to drive.

Amazing Car!
By dancsontos on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Everything about this car is amazing. It drives like a BMW 3 series (believe me, I have driven one...) and the interior is very upscale. Thank you Mazda!

In front of the pack
By Pizzle on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched compact cars for over a year before I purchsed my red Mazda3 hatchback. What an amazing car! I can't count how many complements I have received at traffic lights and toll booths. More importantly, the car is comfortable, reliable and a pure pleasure to drive. I commute 30 miles to work everyday and enjoy every mile thoroughly. The Civic and Corolla are great cars...but the Mazda3 is greater. The exterior and interior are fantastic for this class of vehicle. The styling is very Euro inspired. If you want a great car for under $20000 this is the winner hands down. One test drive will speak volumes!!!

Don't buy it!
By dudesk on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had to the car into the dealership once a month since I purchased for various problems with the brakes and the check the engine light.

i love it!
By Rachel4 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i love my car, i am so happy with my pruchase i couldnt have done better.its awsome, i love it!!!!

Great car for the cash
By monstamaniak on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 3 for about 3 months and have logged 5000 miles. This is the most fun and precise machine I've piloted that comes in the under 20K range.The steering is tight and the body roll is slim.The suspension allows if not encourages spirited runs through the twisties and the engine delivers good power and torque.The transmission operates smoothly and the shifter has that "snick-snick" feel like a well-built Euro machine.Everything about the car in my opinion is outstanding except the carpet.The leather seats are attractive and supportive,what went wrong when Mazda was picking the carpet?

NO REGRETS
By HILLBORG on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am 57yrs young,this car takes the boredom out of driving. Tried G35 sedan,Maxima and the Acura TL @approx $15k more CDN and bought the 3GT WITH OUT THE TORQUE STEER. This car is as much fun and the insurance was a nice surprise.The doors close like a vault and the car is extremly stable at high speeds,also like the extra room in the garage.

Driving Machine that is Practical
By RGSComp on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 5 door is a car you can work out of and yet have so much fun driving. I put 1000 miles a week in city, rural and highway driving and never tire of the driving. 5 speed is short throw and slick. Steering is right on and makes you feel like all roads are a track. Seats in front are very comfortable and supportive. Everyone comments on the quality of the interior. I have never owned a car that gets so many comments from young guys to older men and women. Unique look. The fuel mileage, and I keep accurate records, has been 28.5 to 29 on the 2.3 liter entine. The interior swallowed two people and 5 computers and monitors, plus supplies and too

Silver 5 speed with ABS, Sunroof, 6CD
By poblano99 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think I got a steal on this car. Exactly the color and options I wanted for just under 18K (just over invoice!) So far I have 2000 miles with Chicago city and highway driving. Fun little car for zipping around the city. Handles great, easy to park, gets good mileage for the power. I'm tall and can get comfortable but wish the seats moved up and down or the seat bottom pivoted back to accomodate my long legs. Chose Mazda over Golf, Audi TT, Mini, Volvo. I think Mazda is the better value for my needs.