Used 2004 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 650 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Best car for the buck!
By lucaspl88

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a mazda 3 hatchback with manual transmission. It was a used car, and the only words that came out of my mouth when I drove it for the first time were OH WOW!! Car is incredibly fun to drive, great gas mileage, and it also looks great. Great torque, no need to down-shift when passing someone up on the expressway. Great car, fits all my friends, and the most important, fits my personality.

Great gas mileage, I get around 28-30 in the city, and around 34-37 on the highway, and its still a 2.3L. Really comfortable, great looks, and really practical with a lot of trunk space.

Maybe slightly more power :)... cant afford mazdaspeed yet :)

Awesome car
By Frank Rizzo

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this car. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. And I have owned quite a few cars over the last few years. This car is very reliable and a pleasure to drive. I drive about 100 miles a day and when I get out of work it is a pleasure to drive 50 miles to get home. This car also handles great, last weekend I got off an exit ramp with a speed limit of 40 mph while going close to 100 mph, unreal handling, sure my wife's hair was standing on end and the three kids were screaming in the back seat, but what fun. Great car, highly recommended.

Love the way the 4dr wagon looks.

Don't change a thing.

Mazda3 for me
By travisthomas

2004 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In March I will have had this car for 4 years. To this date the only complaint I have is the cloth interior tends to fray with use. The carpet as well could be a little more durable. A driver's foot rest would be nice. Typically after 2 years I tend to get tired of a car. But after four years I am still in love with this car. Mazda has a winner with this car. In this time of high gas prices it is nice to find a car that looks great, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. My 5 speed tends to get 38 to 40 mpg on the highway and 33 to 35 mpg in the city which is full of stops and goes.

Volume controls on the steering wheel. Side blinker lights. Sporty styling

Mure durable carpet and seat fabric

Nice car
By john bell

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2004 Mazda 3 hatch new in December of '04 . I was impressed by the way it looks and the way it grabs the road. Good engine, good brakes, great stereo system and enough room for 4 adults. A few things that made it un-perfect : the transmission had to be replaced (under warranty ) after only 2000 miles and the fuel economy was nowhere near the stated. I was getting only about 17 city/ 22 highway. The dealer said there is nothing wrong with the car, it's the way i drive. A great car for the money, a real "pocket rocket" as they say.

Leather, sunroof, 6 CD changer, body style.

Better fuel economy!!

Redefining the Economy Car
By takeaphoto

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After close to two years on the car hunt, I finally settled upon purchasing a used Mazda3. I discovered a great deal on a five-door model about 200 miles from home and had to get it. I love everything about my Mazda3 hatchback. It has a remarkably sleek look that doesn't appear to busy in styling. The five-door model has plenty of room for all my tennis gear, as well as my friends and their stuff. The interior is very well designed and ergonomic. The glove box and console are very useful in terms of storage and convenience. The 17" alloy wheels look incredible, and I can't help but wonder how anybody could choose another economy car. It is fun to drive and quite reliable. Great mpg, too!

Alloy wheels, steering wheel controls for audio, tinted windows, storage compartments in the cargo area, great interior, supportive seats, fun to drive, good gas mileage, great value.

Easier aftermarket stereo installation.