2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
After 5 months of ownership.
By 04mazda3i4dr on 02/18/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 5 months now and I am still impressed by it. It has excellent fuel economy and it is so quiet, comfortable and fun to drive. No buzzing at all from this car and it feels like it will last you for a lifetime! And this car does have the zoom-zoom factor. Out guns almost anything on the road and it has composure that a few compact cars have. Good ride and balance, flat cornering, and the shifter is awesome. Always keeps you in the 'sweet spot' of the engine.

Love My Mazda 3!
By Martha Ramsey on 02/16/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Mazda, and it will not be my last! I love everything about the Mazda 3, from the sporty design, to the roominess Mazda has built into such a compact car, to the great sound system that includes an in-dash 6 CD player, to the huge trunk, to the excellent gas mileage. I'm getting 38-39 mpg on standard, everyday trips to and from work. On long trips I have averaged 42-45 mpg! If you are looking for a sporty, fun-to-drive economy car that has a great sound system and gets great gas mileage, this is the car for you.

Great fun car
By Jonniejr2 on 02/08/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great. I have had it now for 3 months and I just love it. It is my first car that I actually bought and I can't be happier. I don't have a whole lot of money right now so this smaller sized car is great for someone who just got out of college and needed a new car. It gets great gas mileage and is sporty looking and fun to drive. The 4-cylinder on this baby isn't even noticable, accelerates like a champ.

Great fun car
By Jonniejr2 on 02/08/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great. I have had it now for 3 months and I just love it. It is my first car that I actually bought and I can't be happier. I don't have a whole lot of money right now so this smaller sized car is great for someone who just got out of college and needed a new car. It gets great gas mileage and is sporty looking and fun to drive. The 4-cylinder on this baby isn't even noticeable, accelerates like a champ.

New Car
By John on 02/07/05 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive car. I have done 6K miles on it already. The car handles really firm; fun to drive around corners. Wish the trunk had a handle to open. I think heating/cooling is not that great, compared to the Acura Integra that I owned before. I have the sports package, and I bought it for $19K total. I think the shift on the manual 3rd gear is not as smooth as the others. I had a crash sensor recall already.

NO good
By Mbauer on 01/31/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a Mazda3 Jan. 2004 to commute to school and work. I am very displeased with it. The worst problem is that, in automatic, when the vehicle shifts from 1st to 2nd gear, at around 2500 RPM, there is a great jolt. The car jerks a lot, sometimes more than others. I called the dealership and they told me that it was the "nature of the beast." They had gotten similar complaints, but there was nothing they could do about it. The car is also loud (belts and fans) and noisy inside while driving. I want to get rid of it.

1 Year Review
By mdurg on 01/23/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Was originally looking for a used A4 or maybe a Jetta when I noticed for the same price I could pick this up new. I drove all of the above and when I found that the Mazda 3 was just as fun to drive as the others it was a done deal. It has great styling, a good amount of power and rides well. Even after a year I still find it fun to drive on a daily basis. Keep in mind this is an economy car. Miscellaneous comments: I put in an aftermarket stereo. I changed the oil at 5k and 10k. I had a recall for an airbag sensor (fixed). The carpets are hard to vacuum. Console intrudes on leg area, and I have short legs.

Fun to drive, great price!
By Patrick on 01/18/05 04:06 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car handles like a dream. Exterior looks great. I tell people the price and they just about fall over. A little cramped on the inside, but I am also 6'4", what could I expect. Carpet is cheap as is ceiling fabric. They had to cut costs somewhere. I would buy again if given the choice. Braking is great. Powerful engine, fun and easy shifting manual transmission.

Tens all around
By Christina on 01/06/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3 is an excellent car! It gets terrific gas mileage, runs well, and with DOHC has great power. It's entirely reliable, and very roomy, yet with a compact, sleek look to it. Many people have asked me if my car is an Audi from looking at the exterior of it! I got a classy look, for a fraction of the price!

Love it!
By D2nmary on 01/05/05 19:51 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my little 5 spd Mazda 3 in Mica Solar Yellow. woe, it really turns heads. Fun to drive.