Used 2004 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

A lot of car for little cash.
By dozhdbog

2004 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great acceleration and a tight suspension make this car fun to drive.

The premium 6-cd premium sound system, comfortable ride, excellent handling, and overall the price to quality ratio.

Although the interior design is excellent overall, I would replace some of the cheaper feeling elements such as the glove-box door, sunroof buttons, and seat adjustment levers.

FUN and FAST
By NCUSA550

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

car is a total head turner !! fun to drive and fast with 160hp. i got cloth interior, because the leather looked like cheap grade leather to me

way cool interior dash with blue lighted background at nite. 17inch profile tires are awesome looking

1) rubber pad for left foot to rest 2) better upgrade of carpet 3) remote needs to have trunk opener 4) ABS needs to be standard equipment 5) inside mirror with auto dm and temp gauge needs to be standard

Mazda Fun
By BluesMedic77

2004 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 3i to get the price a little lower. I did have the Power package and 16" alloy wheels added. Aside from the slightly bigger engine and fog lights, the 3i is no different than the 3s. Its a fun car with great handling and performance.

Steering wheel controls for radio and cruise are standard as well as cd player. Car looks good inside and out.

Unsure how the glove box will hold up. It has enough room for an extra person but its craftmanship seems to be lacking.

First Car
By Shortiestephy

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The mazda3 s is my first car. I've had experiance driving my brothers Corolla S and after he had a chance to drive my Mazda he sold his car and got a Mazda3 as well. I think it's safe to say that my whole family is happy with the mazda3. My father also owns a Mazda Miata, in which he is also happy with.

My favorite features include the moonroof and 6 disk cd player which i have controls for on my stearing wheel. They come in handy for a new driver.

The interior fabric seems to catch every peice of dirt and the doors tend to show white marks if something rubs up against it, other then that, i am satisfied.

Puts other compacts to shame
By vk

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car after extensive research. I was looking for a compact Japanese car after all the troubles I had with my German engineered Golf. I didn't like the styling of the Civic or the Corolla- too bland. After looking at the reviews on Edmunds I decided to take the Mazda 3 for a testdrive. Driving dynamics are excellent. Handles very well and the interior quality and styling is excellent. Good pickup (2.3L engine). I bougt my car 6 weeks ago and so far no problems. Very happy with my decision. Highly recommended if you are in the market for a compact car.

Steering wheel controls, Handling, Love the xenons, very comfortable seats- go for the leather.

Daytime driving lights, Auto lock feature on door locks, low fuel warning alarm rather than just the light, one touch autoup feature on drivers window.

• SUV