2004 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Poor Man's Luxury Sedan
By SoCal23Female on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Hot little vehicle with a decent price tag.

best car out there
By Sandro00 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

very Sporty, great looks and and awsome price

Love this car
By jrnyace on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this vehicle was supposed to be for my wife that is 9 months pregnant. We chose the mazda "s" for the four-door capabilities. I'm having more fun driving this car than my Dodge Hemi!

It's great!
By nne3jxc on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3's handling is tight without giving a punishing ride. The interior was nicely appointed and well laid out. Sure -- it doesn't have some of the fancy doo-dads that the luxury cars have, but I can turn on my headlights just fine all by myself, thank you. It's a comfortable little car that feels bigger than it is and has some nice bigger car features. (Many "stolen" from the upmarket Mazda6.) It's sensible without losing any of it's zippy fun factor.

Compact....??? I say it's a sport.
By Guto on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve spent about 3 months looking for a compact. What I found? Good cars, reasonable prices, and a total lack of attention to the small segment of cars. Mazda certainly created another concept for compact cars. I bought an M 3i sedan with power package, ac, sport/auto transmission and it is worthy everything single penny I spent. It is incredible to drive; it has an amazing design (exterior and interior), and an engine that needs no comments. The car is unquestionably the best in its segment

Just what I've been waiting for!
By D2 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car fits the bill for me! It is a perfect combination of price, performance, looks, and economy. I have always liked Mazda but until now couldn't get the right mix of features and options to satisfy. I have only had the car for a couple of weeks but I can tell you right now, it;s a keeper!

I like many things about this car
By James Forte on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Coming out of a 98 Passat, I wanted more basic ride for my daily driver. The MAZDA3 is good, but certainly not comparable in attention to detail (but it's $7K less!). I am happy with the fuel economy and design, although materials could be better. Mazda should be proud and has a car that competes with the base Jetta and Corolla. The real problem with this car is its brand. Nothing symbolizes second rate more than Mazda with its childish campaigns (please stop!). The goofy kid/song – argh! Fortunately for Mazda, the product exceeds its poor brand image. For me, I have to fend off all of my buddies who tease me about Zoom Zoom (it’s better than Suzuki!).

Mazda 3 S, the way to go!!!!
By casey23 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I actually just bought it off showroom floor 1 week ago, and love it. It's basically a mazda under a Lexus IS300's skin. IT's got everything and everything you can think off... of course, within reason. Very sporty, it looks excellent.

rocket ship
By hotptato on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

test drove the sedan 2.3L 5spd. wow what a rush,great take off speed,0-60 in a blink of an eye,handled turns outstanding,its like buying a BMW but alot cheaper, cant wait to buy one with in a month

Watchout!!!! The Mazda3 is a Cut Above
By greg jackson on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The smooth, quiet 2.3l engine along with almost no road noise is amazing in this class car. The interior quality and design belongs in a far more expensive car. The 3 is much faster than it feels like. You look at the speedometer and your 20 mph over the speed limit. First gear (automatic) with your foot down just a little and your gone. Wonderful handling car.