Used 2004 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

out standing
By jleo9625

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this vehicle has a look and feel of a luxury sports coupe it drives good and handles great to the road.

Favorite Features

display, body, body size

LITfan loves Mazda 3
By litfan

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very fun to drive, versatile, and safe car. I'm keeping this car for a long time!

Favorite Features

Gauges,6 CD Changer, Lighting, Wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Standard Xenon Headlights

Fun, stylish, affordable economy sedan
By bcadams

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3s is an extraordinary economy sedan. It blows its competition away in terms of styling and performance. The 2.3L 160hp engine is spunky and fun, the suspension is stiff and sporty and the styling is incredible. It's my first 5-speed tranny, so I can't comment on the gearbox's performance relative to other vehicles - but so far, I'm having a great time zipping around town. To those I've shown off the vehicle to, their first comment often implies I must have paid an arm and leg for the 3s. They are in total disbelief when I tell them I paid less than a Corolla S.

Favorite Features

Styling, spunky 160hp engine, smooth 5- speed tranny, 6-disc in-dash cd player, 17" alloy wheels, moonroof, sporty suspension, HUGE glovebox. 5 yr 100,000 warranty including oil changes, tire rotations and all scheduled maintenance!!

Suggested Improvements

Standard ABS/Side Airbags. Manufacturers should always improve vehicle reliability, safety and fuel economy.

A car worth considering!
By polo_gin1

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Mazda3 for almost 2 months now and it's been an absolute joy to own. The handling combined with heavy steering, and an excellent gearbox make this car very fun to drive. The quality of the fit and finish along with the layout of the interior is much better than I would have expected from a car in this price range. As other people have commented, the interior has a VW type quality. My previous car was a 1996 VW GTI VR6, and the Mazda3 is more fun to drive, more reliable (I'm expecting) and gets almost 30% better gas mileage. If you are considering a car in this category, I would highly recommend taking a look at the Mazda3.

Favorite Features

auto lights/rain sensor, cup holders, steering wheel radio controls, 17" wheels

Suggested Improvements

heavier clutch, remote trunk release, multi-trip computer, heated seats, xenon head lights (not available in Canada)

I am in LOVE with this car!
By lepupu

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this car since mid-May and I love it. Lots of trunk and glove compartment space! The car is pretty quick for a 4cyl.

Favorite Features

6 Disc In-Dash changer. Audio Controls on the stearing wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The horn is very weak...i'm almost too embarassed to honk at ppl. It would be nice if the remote could control the trunk latch.