2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
This car is truly a zoom....zoom
By Billzer1 on 07/08/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for only a week and I have had more looks and compliments than any other car I have ever driven. It handles great, drives very smooth and has a lot of features only found in more expensive cars. the 4cyl engine has a lot of pick-up. The dash is very sleek and the radio w/CD player is truly and upscale design. This car has it all.

Best bang for the buck
By Kitten on 06/25/05 02:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In Canada we have the top of the line GT with a GFX package. This car is so much fun to drive and the handling is just amazing as well as the brakes. Interior is beautifuly crafted with high quality materials which puts other cars in this class to a SHAME. This vehicle is by far of superior nature and quality. The 2.3 engine with a 160hp is fun and gives great gas mileage. I'd suggest to get the 5 speed manual to truly enjoy what this car can throw at you.

3 Series?
By Itsjustlife on 05/04/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've never really been impressed by any new car under 20k and definitely never have had a huge desire to buy one. It was at little to no sacrifice. I cross shopped the Acura TSX and Volvo v40 (The mazda 3's cousin) Nothing really compares to the 3 for the money. I got the titanium gray w/ all the options, and the excellent NAV system although a little slow to program. The handling compares to most sports cars double the $ but double the fuel economy as well! It was my first 4cyl but that didn't let me down. I haven't had to bring it to the dealer once and the interior layout and quality is top notch. You can't go wrong with this car!

1 1/2 Years later and still loving it!
By Christina on 04/18/05 16:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it. I test drove it and bought it the same day (Jan 2004). Since I was one of the first to have it, I had people everywhere stopping to admire it ask me what kind of car it was. Even my fiance, who drives a 2002 Audi A4 is impressed with it. It looks small from the outside, but I recently moved most of the boxes from my apartment to a new house in one trip! Its a fun drive, and feels very much like a German car built by the Japanese.

More Room, Less Zoom Zoom
By No Sour Grapes on 04/15/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I gave up the car after 6800mi. I'm 5'10 & in good shape but I couldn't find a comfortable driving position. The two lane country road I tested it on proves what winner Mazda has-quick, nimble and loaded with features on much costlier cars. But the center stack flairs out at the bottom and the legroom under the dash was too crowded for me on my 45 min daily commute. No combination of seat/steering wheel adjustments yielded a good fit. I replaced a 626 with the 3s, maybe I should have gone for the Mazda6 but reliability concerns and the V6 kept me away. If you're used to the legroom of a midsized sedan be aware that the seating in the 3s takes some getting used to. I decided to give it up.

Great car almost luxury
By Brad on 04/13/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car! The outside is very sleep and stylish, the headlights are similar to BMW, the black looks very classy.The alloy wheels are nice, the interior is very comfortable and the controls are well lit, very very very nice car for the money. Great power. Smooth quiet ride.

More Room, Less Zoom Zoom
By Now it's the wife's! on 04/09/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3s to replace my totaled 626. A desire for better fuel econony and performance drove me to the 3s over the Mazda6, which had a reputation for being unreliable.I've owned the car for exactly four months, drive 40mi daily. I'm 5'10" and in good shape. But, no amount of seat/steering wheel adjustment has rendered a comfortable driving position. I can't find a comfortable spot for my right leg with the tapered design of the center console. The two lane black top I test drove the car on proved what a quick, nimble fun-to-drive winner Mazda created. But, I spend most of my time in rush hour traffic at 15mph. Never would've guessed this woould happen. So I gave it to my "dainty" wife.

Best I have ever had
By Danielle on 04/03/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda and I completely fell in love with it after the test drive. It is stylish and affordable. The gas mileage is excellent! I would recommend this car to anyone.

So far so good
By zetaminer on 03/28/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 3s for 3 months now and have had no mechnical problems. There was some 'rail dust' in the paint but was fixed under warranty. This was the first time I ever bought a car so I'm not sure how to rate Mazda dealership service overall. However I orginally looked/test drove in the St. Louis area and did have a bad experience. I ended up buying my car in the Omaha area, mostly because they had an '04 left that didn't have all the options so that it stayed in my price range with the $1000 '04 rebate. The service at Sheridan Mazda in Council Bluffs IA has so far been good. They call me to check up on the paint situation and my overall satisfaction with the car.

Love it - except the gas cap
By VickiSande on 03/28/05 11:11 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It is a good little commuter car, fun to drive and good gas mileage. But I am a little dissapointed with the problems associated with gas cap and the vapor capture system. At less than 1000 miles, the check engine light came on. They said I did not tighten the gas cap enough. I had been warned by the salesman to tighten the gas cap. The light came on again same week I got it back. They kept it a week (with a free loaner car-but I wanted my new car back). They replace the gas cap. When that didn'twork, they replaced a valve (one they had never replaced before-that made me feel good). Just after 2000 miles, back again-need to tighten gas cap. This is very annoying.