2004 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
The alternate to my Corvette
By Larry on 07/11/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving a Corvette on the weekend, but the Mazda 3 makes my 80 mile workday commute more than enjoyable. Over the years, I've also owned an RX-7 and a Protege, and this Mazda is another winner. My 5 speed wagon has leather, sunroof and 6 CD player, and no problems to report at 80K. Excellent car and looking to replace it with either the MX-5 or a Mazdaspeed 3.

Best car for the buck!
By lucaspl88 on 06/06/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a mazda 3 hatchback with manual transmission. It was a used car, and the only words that came out of my mouth when I drove it for the first time were OH WOW!! Car is incredibly fun to drive, great gas mileage, and it also looks great. Great torque, no need to down-shift when passing someone up on the expressway. Great car, fits all my friends, and the most important, fits my personality.

Awesome car
By Frank Rizzo on 03/23/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this car. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. And I have owned quite a few cars over the last few years. This car is very reliable and a pleasure to drive. I drive about 100 miles a day and when I get out of work it is a pleasure to drive 50 miles to get home. This car also handles great, last weekend I got off an exit ramp with a speed limit of 40 mph while going close to 100 mph, unreal handling, sure my wife's hair was standing on end and the three kids were screaming in the back seat, but what fun. Great car, highly recommended.

Mazda3 for me
By travisthomas on 01/15/08 16:59 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In March I will have had this car for 4 years. To this date the only complaint I have is the cloth interior tends to fray with use. The carpet as well could be a little more durable. A driver's foot rest would be nice. Typically after 2 years I tend to get tired of a car. But after four years I am still in love with this car. Mazda has a winner with this car. In this time of high gas prices it is nice to find a car that looks great, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. My 5 speed tends to get 38 to 40 mpg on the highway and 33 to 35 mpg in the city which is full of stops and goes.

Nice car
By john bell on 10/30/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2004 Mazda 3 hatch new in December of '04 . I was impressed by the way it looks and the way it grabs the road. Good engine, good brakes, great stereo system and enough room for 4 adults. A few things that made it un-perfect : the transmission had to be replaced (under warranty ) after only 2000 miles and the fuel economy was nowhere near the stated. I was getting only about 17 city/ 22 highway. The dealer said there is nothing wrong with the car, it's the way i drive. A great car for the money, a real "pocket rocket" as they say.

Redefining the Economy Car
By takeaphoto on 10/21/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After close to two years on the car hunt, I finally settled upon purchasing a used Mazda3. I discovered a great deal on a five-door model about 200 miles from home and had to get it. I love everything about my Mazda3 hatchback. It has a remarkably sleek look that doesn't appear to busy in styling. The five-door model has plenty of room for all my tennis gear, as well as my friends and their stuff. The interior is very well designed and ergonomic. The glove box and console are very useful in terms of storage and convenience. The 17" alloy wheels look incredible, and I can't help but wonder how anybody could choose another economy car. It is fun to drive and quite reliable. Great mpg, too!

So much fun to drive
By jim foehner on 08/19/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never dreamed that a 4 cylinder car could combine great gas mileage and power. In town handling is superb and it's so easy to maneuver through city traffic. Since I live in a small town, most of my driving is on the highways and back roads which is so much fun. Before you know it, I'm hitting 80 mph. You don't feel the speed like most other small cars. I've taken 1500 mile trips out to New Mexico and the comfort level is outstanding. It just glides along the road and I don't get the least bit tired or stiff between fuel stops. Oh, I've owned 47 autos and the Mazda3 is in the top 3 of my favorite cars. The other two were a 1956 Chevy and 1965 Mustang - cars of my youth.

Zoom-Zoom!!! No regrets
By Alex on 08/13/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine in September 2004. Put 50000 miles on it -no problems!! Just changed oil and brake pads. I live in Colorado and go up in the mountains a lot. This car amazed me with its peppy engine and fast down shifting when going uphills. My wife chose the car - I was kinda reluctant first but after driving, I fell in love. Man, I love Mazda! Looking to buy manual 2.3S hatchback model for myself now :).

Awesome Car
By Jeremy on 06/24/07 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2004 and have not been disappointed at all. I average 30 mpg city/highway and when I am doing only highway driving I easily get 33 mpg at 75 mph. The steering on the car is great and it will take corners faster than most cars. I took a 45 mph curve at 90 mph and didn't spin out. The braking distance and power of the car is amazing. You barely have to hit the brake pedal for the brakes to engage and going on to different cars feels like you have to stand on the brakes in those other cars. Overall this is an excellent car and I would recommend it to anyone.

Great Value
By Dan on 06/03/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car from RI to California and back, then from RI to Florida and back twice. I've logged lots of miles, and the reliability and ease of maintenance is awesome.