2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews 39

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great Little Car
By kdibello on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car smokes the competition (Corolla, Civic). It's tight as a drum and performs very well by any standard especially for an econobox. It is built to a standard you typically find in more expensive cars.

Zoom Zoom x 3
By petpad on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great new car from Mazda! The new 3 is leading the sub-compact class right up a notch or two. Dont wate money buying a base model compact. This car is very tight, good looking and well-priced. modern ergonomics and built in Japan makes it a winner. The car has been referred as a mix between a BMW, a Jetta and a Corolla... taking only the good from each of them... The Bimmer is great but too expensive; the Jetta feels realgood, but is poorly built; the Corolla has excellent reliability, but is bland and dull. The Mazda 3, particulalry the 3s or GT in Canada combines all the "wants" and drops the "bads". Nice car!

best
By nie on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

love this car. the best in its class

mazda3
By rgonzo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

one of the most fun cars i have ever driven.

ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY FROM MAZDA
By Jim Vesta on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3 liter engine gives this lightweight car a lot of Zoom Zoom. That said, you still feel like there is more real metal than plastic like in a lot of cars.

Love this car
By jrnyace on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this vehicle was supposed to be for my wife that is 9 months pregnant. We chose the mazda "s" for the four-door capabilities. I'm having more fun driving this car than my Dodge Hemi!

It's great!
By nne3jxc on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3's handling is tight without giving a punishing ride. The interior was nicely appointed and well laid out. Sure -- it doesn't have some of the fancy doo-dads that the luxury cars have, but I can turn on my headlights just fine all by myself, thank you. It's a comfortable little car that feels bigger than it is and has some nice bigger car features. (Many "stolen" from the upmarket Mazda6.) It's sensible without losing any of it's zippy fun factor.

Compact....??? I say it's a sport.
By Guto on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve spent about 3 months looking for a compact. What I found? Good cars, reasonable prices, and a total lack of attention to the small segment of cars. Mazda certainly created another concept for compact cars. I bought an M 3i sedan with power package, ac, sport/auto transmission and it is worthy everything single penny I spent. It is incredible to drive; it has an amazing design (exterior and interior), and an engine that needs no comments. The car is unquestionably the best in its segment

Just what I've been waiting for!
By D2 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car fits the bill for me! It is a perfect combination of price, performance, looks, and economy. I have always liked Mazda but until now couldn't get the right mix of features and options to satisfy. I have only had the car for a couple of weeks but I can tell you right now, it;s a keeper!

I like many things about this car
By James Forte on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Coming out of a 98 Passat, I wanted more basic ride for my daily driver. The MAZDA3 is good, but certainly not comparable in attention to detail (but it's $7K less!). I am happy with the fuel economy and design, although materials could be better. Mazda should be proud and has a car that competes with the base Jetta and Corolla. The real problem with this car is its brand. Nothing symbolizes second rate more than Mazda with its childish campaigns (please stop!). The goofy kid/song argh! Fortunately for Mazda, the product exceeds its poor brand image. For me, I have to fend off all of my buddies who tease me about Zoom Zoom (its better than Suzuki!).