Used 2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Most Helpful|
zoom zoom
By wheeleam

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I love it! It is comfortable and fun to drive. It also has a lot of great features.

Favorite Features

5 speed!!!!!!

After 5 months of ownership.
By 04mazda3i4dr

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 5 months now and I am still impressed by it. It has excellent fuel economy and it is so quiet, comfortable and fun to drive. No buzzing at all from this car and it feels like it will last you for a lifetime! And this car does have the zoom-zoom factor. Out guns almost anything on the road and it has composure that a few compact cars have. Good ride and balance, flat cornering, and the shifter is awesome. Always keeps you in the 'sweet spot' of the engine.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the tilt/telescoping steering wheel, the audio controls on the wheel, gauges, big glove box, cranking drivers side seat, roomy in the front and rear. user friendly car.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major at all. I am happy with the car. It has good power and the brakes have to be the best in its class. This is an awesome car, can't wait till the Mazdaspeed version comes out.

What a great little car!
By golfprof76

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car just before a Georgia ice storm in Feb of 05, and I have to say that it is a great car on ice! I haven't had a single problem with the engine, electronics or any other mechanical aspects of the car. I have only done routine stuff on it, plus whipped on a new set of Cooper tires (opt for anything but Toyo Tires, they are horrible). Tiptronic shifting is fun especially when trying to pass, just pop it into 3rd and you're off. Should have gotten a manual. Trunk space is however a let down, my stand bag fits at an angle and I can't even get my staff bag in at all.

Favorite Features

Stereo features on the steering wheel is a added plus to this car. AM stations don't work though. Orange back lights on dash aid in night driving. Suspension and handling, especially in tight corers is outstanding. Great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Should have gotten a stick to have some serious fun! Bigger trunk space. ZOOM ZOOM is for real!

After 5 years of ownership-Great Car!
By Diane

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Love making u turns, awesome handling, braking, steering. Keep good Michelin tires and have them rotated every 3,000 miles or you'll wear tires. So far my Michelin and rotations are keeping it in check. Have 68,000 miles on car.

Favorite Features

Love the night time dash display. Great pick up and handling. Huge glove box. Love all the cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

Need more leg room for back seat area. Needs outside temp display. Needs longer/bigger seats for my fat butt. Car goes out of alignment more than anything else I've owned. MP3 player.

Best car ever!
By veester

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new 8 years ago and I can honestly say it has been the best car I've ever owned! Thus far the only things we've had to change on it have been the brakes and of course the tires. Anyway, great first time car for anyone! I will be trading up soon for a small SUV.

Favorite Features

The Car itself is very reliable and has offered very good MPG.

Suggested Improvements

There are three things that i struggle with, of which two are cosmetic. For the last 4 years the AC has broke down every summer (Texas heat - not cool!), the inside siding of the front doors were apparently glued on originally (vs. sown on) because they began peeling off 5 years ago, and the seats are no longer comfy. Other than that the Mazda 3 has been great car!