2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
GRRREAT!!! ;)
By J@Y MONEY on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I TRADED IN MY 2003 PROTEGE 5 FOR THE NEW 2004 4 DOOR MAZDA 3S NICE RIDE;) THE BIGGER ENGINE IS WORTH THE DRIVE&PURCHASE ALONE, NO COMPARISON TO THE PROTEGE 5 OR PROTEGE. IVE DONE ALOT OF WORK BORING OUT THE ENGINE IN THAT CAR!! AND STILL DOESN'T COMPARE TO THE 2.3 160 HP BESIDES ALL THE GOODIES YOU GET IN THE S MODEL FOR THE PRICE, IS GRRREAT!!! SPORT SUSPENSION, 17" ALLOY WHEELS, SUNROOF, XENON LIGHTS ETC ITS DEFINATELY WORTH THE PURCHASE!!!

The Class-Leader
By Eliot Rebensdorf on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2.3 litre model with 4-Speed Sport AT automatic early this month and so far the car is excellent. The engine has great performance in low rpm range and you get greatly rewarded when traveling into the upper rpm range. The interior design and execution is almost perfect. The gauges are great to look at and easy to read. The dash is simple and offers unique immulating features. The only complaint is cheapish plastics scattered throughout the cabin, but for this price, who cares? The exterior looks are fabulous and the 17-inch wheel s and tyres make the car handle just like our BMW. Its a great car. Without a doubt, the class leader.

Zoom-Zoom-Zoom
By Jays98978 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just like the commercials say this new Mazda 3 goes zoom zoom zoom. I Love my car. I test drove both engine types and found out that the 2.0L has a little drag so I decided to go with the 2.3L and was very pleased. The car has great suspension and great turning. The driver side has plenty of room but if youÂ’re tall like me (6'0ft) then it's difficult for a passenger to sit behind you. The interior is hi-tech and flashy. Overall the car is great and fun to drive. Expect to pay close to sticker price because this car is selling quicker then Starbucks coffee. Enjoy!

Powerful, Good Looking, and Economical!
By coleman97 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove the Civic LX, and Corolla LE. Neither of them shifted smoothly, were underpowered, and weren't fun to drive or look at. Also drove the Subaru WRX, and I actually prefered driving the Mazda 3. The Mazda 3 is the most fun car that I've driven in years! It also happens to get great mileage and the base model comes loaded with more stuff than the Civic or Coirolla, and at 160 hp, it has plenty of power. It's also rock solid on the road, and handles great. I drove the Protege also, and this is a totally different car, much improved. Too early to judge reliability yet, but with the same engine and trans. as the Mazda 6, I'm expecting it to be good.

One Great car for the money
By Mazda3_4_me on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A few months back i walked in to Lithia Mazda of Fresno, California and purchased a 2004 Mazda 3s. Since then it has been that greatest car i have ever purchased. I love the way it looks inside and out. It reminds me very much or my old BMW 325i. I also cant seem to stop driving it. I love this car a would rate this car a 10.0

Just a test drive......
By bearcatsvc on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The test drive was very nice. The dealer was a little pushy. I have just begun to search for a new car and this one might be it. The Mazda Symbol on the front and rear of the car is absolutly huge, tone it down Mazda. Radio was kind of weak, the shift were not as crisp as in the 6 but the clutchs pick up position was better. The handling was sweet tight but not quite as good as the out going protege. It better than the protege in someways, more of the same in others.

Best Economy Car
By marco350z on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The '04 Mazda 3s is by far the best economy car around. I recently purchases an '04 Neon SXT and an '03 Civic LX and the Mazda 3s out-does them easily. I just got this car for my 17 yr old and he loves it. The car has the great engine with 160hp. It has superb handling, smooth ride, quiet cabin, outstanding interior and exterior styling, high quality interior. The 1 flaw in this car is that the trunk is small. I got an auto Mazda 3s with navigation and leather for only 17,650. This car is like a mini Altima or Accord.

Brand new Mazda 3 -- had it for 2 weeks
By thornwell on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Golf, Jetta and 2003 Protege. This was the best package I found for the price. The ride is very nice, and not jelly-like (see Honda Civic base model).

Awsome
By heybailey on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car, didn't mention Build Quality or Reliability because I've only had it a few days.

Great Little Car
By kdibello on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car smokes the competition (Corolla, Civic). It's tight as a drum and performs very well by any standard especially for an econobox. It is built to a standard you typically find in more expensive cars.