Used 2004 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun, stylish, affordable economy sedan
By bcadams

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3s is an extraordinary economy sedan. It blows its competition away in terms of styling and performance. The 2.3L 160hp engine is spunky and fun, the suspension is stiff and sporty and the styling is incredible. It's my first 5-speed tranny, so I can't comment on the gearbox's performance relative to other vehicles - but so far, I'm having a great time zipping around town. To those I've shown off the vehicle to, their first comment often implies I must have paid an arm and leg for the 3s. They are in total disbelief when I tell them I paid less than a Corolla S.

Favorite Features

Styling, spunky 160hp engine, smooth 5- speed tranny, 6-disc in-dash cd player, 17" alloy wheels, moonroof, sporty suspension, HUGE glovebox. 5 yr 100,000 warranty including oil changes, tire rotations and all scheduled maintenance!!

Suggested Improvements

Standard ABS/Side Airbags. Manufacturers should always improve vehicle reliability, safety and fuel economy.

I am in LOVE with this car!
By lepupu

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this car since mid-May and I love it. Lots of trunk and glove compartment space! The car is pretty quick for a 4cyl.

Favorite Features

6 Disc In-Dash changer. Audio Controls on the stearing wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The horn is very weak...i'm almost too embarassed to honk at ppl. It would be nice if the remote could control the trunk latch.

i love this car
By mazda bill

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

haven't found anything about this car i do not like yet. i like the design and how the car handles. the interior design is far better than anything else in its price range.

Favorite Features

the guages and sports package

Suggested Improvements

none yet

Cute, but whats the deal
By Kyttykat

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun- very speedy for a 4 cylinder. Good suspension compared to the Civic SI. I can't figure out why all the dash lights keep coming on... airbag and then check engine light?

Favorite Features

The auto/manual transmisson

Suggested Improvements

Better air would be good, but the warning light issue has got to go. We have a mechanic in the family and he blames it on the fact it's a new model.... but I don't know!

mazda 3s solar yellow/loaded
By haluse

2004 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a very nice car, fell in love with yellow. got it in manual with all options except navigation. Styling on this car is amazing no car is class comes close, ride is nice but more horsepower would be nice, although i am used to driving large sedans with 250+ horsepower. Handling is impressive and stiff ride has european feel.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, rims, steering wheel controls, handling, leather steering wheel, interior lights.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a trunk release on keyless entry, stronger A/C, bigger rear view mirror and sunroof, I am 6'0 tall so a little more legroom, power seat with the leather seating, sound system is good but could be better, more horsepower.