2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
1st New Car
By Dill on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After having researched this car I found that it was the best in its class. After having drove it, I found that it's the best on the road. This car looks good, feels great, and is priced even better. I bought this car with all of the options available and I am very pleased with the results of each of them. I have no regrets about my purchase, and recommened this vehicle to anyone.

Great affordable car
By benpax on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the mazda 3i today, and drove all over 100 miles for fun. Handles great, smooth ride, and suprise on the acceleration. Drives like a sports car, but only a compact. The 3s have more add ins, but the price of the 3i you cant beat.

ok car
By EZ money on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this car is not all that it is hyped up to be

2.3 with 5-speed bliss!
By Phun 4 U on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

5-spd is smooth & fun to flick through the gears. Motor has a sweet spot at 4,000 RPM. I love to rev this baby! It begs to be pushed! Seats are firm and comfortable. I found myself blasting off a country road & onto a highway, changing lanes, and almost planting my front end into a police cruiser. This car is going to get me into trouble. I drove a bonneville before this. I felt age 55. Mazda3 makes me feel 25 (I'm somewhere in between). Big improvement from the Protege (loud, buzzy & underpowered). Mazda3 looks great from almost all angles. This car cuts corners like a henkel carving knife. Fantastic BMW- like driving experience!

good
By wuioeiyhfuio on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very good and useful.

holly molly
By gaetz123 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Mazda Protege in 2000, a Protege 5 in 2002, now I just changed for this new Mazda 3.... there is nothing like it... not the same car at all... it has a lot of horse power and feel like a Mazda 6 to drive. go for it!!!

Best car for the money!
By bobsfl954 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Hey. I just got the new Mazda 3 s 2 days ago, and let me tell you, I love it. My purchase price was around $21,000 because I got it with the Xenon Lights and the 6-disk in dash with the sunroof. You would be amazed on how much better your night time driving is with those xenon lights. The car looks like a 30K+ car for around the 20K mark, I really dont think you can go wrong. The performance is excellent. I was very surprised when I drove one because I was expecting much less from a 4-cyl. Bottom line is: "If your thinking about getting the new 3, go test drive one and that will make up your mind really quick."

Can't wait to get mine
By waytall on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at the M3 for months on the website I was glad to finally get in one. The only real disapointment was the comfort of the seats.A bit stiff in cloth, but the leather seats are much more comfortable. Great handling and plenty of get up and go under the hood. Not really sure what options I will be getting, but it is sure to include the sunroof,cd changer and the 4speed automatic. I should have one in the driveway by the end of the week.

Best for money
By Mooby on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 3 for a week now, and have put over 600 miles on it. I was also looking at a 03 Civic EX and a 03 Corolla-S. The Mazda 3 wins. It's more powerful, better looking in and out, and just a better vehicle overall. Acceleration is great with the 5-speed. The handling is fun but not so rough that it beats you up. I got 30 mpg of spirited mountain highway driving on the 2nd tank of gas. The blue/orange gauge cluster is the coolest I've seen in this class. Got my Titanium grey, 5-speed S Sedan for $18,000 with the sport package (17's), safety package and xenons. Built in Japan, with the 4-year 50k warranty, what other car offers this much for $18,000?

Best Compact
By CB3 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have 900 miles on the car. I don't have a single complaint yet. I chose this car out of the usual compact shopping list of Civic, Jetta, Corolla. The handling of the car is great. Even with the AT, the throttle is very responsive. Braking is equally responsive. Interior and exterior design is very attractive. Build of the car is very sound. I find the profile, and car in general, to be similar in comparison to the IS300 except 10k cheaper. Take it for a test drive and you'll see what you can get for sub 20k. My options include ABS/SAB/EBD, Xenon & TPMS, Sunroof & 6-CD, Sport, and Sportmatic AT.