Used 2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

I love my Mazda 3
By Susan Marti

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my car this week so this may be premature but I love my Mazda 3. I had test driven a Honda Civic EX and the difference in comfort and features for the same price was unbelievable.

Favorite Features

The sunroof and comfort of the seats

Suggested Improvements

I wish the Mazda came in a metallic candy apple red

$100 down on a Corolla
By fleetfeet

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had $100 down on a Corolla, drove the 3i automatic and went home with the demo.This car gets sweeter by the day. A very nice blend of gas mileage and performance. It is not a really fast car, but it doesn't seem to matter. 32 mpg in rural driving. I go for rides in this thing, something I haven't done in years. Poor AC. Maybe I am nuts, but sometimes this car feels much faster than at other times.Not much dickering on price going on.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, good stereo, ride and handling, overall smoothness.Nice driving position.Smooth transmission.Stainless exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

I would not buy this car in a hot climate, 90 degrees is the limit on hi AC and mine is white. Noisy sunroof, beige fabric emits dingleberries,cheap carpeting and roof materials, no handle on trunk, pressure pulsation with just rear windows down, small rearview mirror.Nicer colors.

Showroom headturner
By rexopg

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I betcha without the Mazda insignia people looking at it will never guess what I,m driving. Love the tiptronic type shifting lets me manually downshift and lets my wife drive it on regular Auto mode. Best quality small car that doesnt feel like an economy car more like a midsize european handling feel on the road.

Favorite Features

everything from cool exterior choice of color (got the solar yellow)and sporty interior guages and control panel.

Suggested Improvements

Not used to plastic covers on the engine components...been awhile since I bought a new car.

2004 mazda3 4dr se
By christine123

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this was my first car and i did a lot of research before deciding on the mazda3. i was on a budget and mazda ofered the most for the money, including reliability. it has more passenger seating room than any car in it's class. The transmission is very smooth and the independant suspension takes the bumps out of many roads. test drive the mazda3 and you won't want to buy any other compact sedan.

Favorite Features

the stereo controls on the steering wheel and tinted window above the review mirror are nice. plenty of storage room. the glove compartment is huge and the trunk is larger than one would think. the standard keyless entry is also a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

the stereo controls on the dash are all bunched together and are nice to look at but not functionsl while driving. the side door blinkers seem unnecessary.

Quality at a great price
By TSHEP

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I considered a civic but this car is better looking inside and out. It's got more power and designed better and I paid a thousand less. Its got a lot of little features that most cars at this price wouldn't dream of. I am averageing 33mpg and have gotten 38mpg on a trip. The car is tight and handles great. It also has plenty of room for its size.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Smooth yet firm suspension, stereo and CD controls on sterring wwheel,

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioner takes to long to get cool. They need to redesign the underneath cover to line up with the oil filter. They should have desighned it to use a stanard oil filter, not one with a pressure valve in if. used rather than