2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews 23

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

s 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (246 reviews )
GO MAZDA!
By RotaryAK on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the new Mazda3 5 door. I think the regular sedan looks like it had its back cut off. Beyond that it is an awesome car!

ALOT OF BANG FOR THE BUCK!
By will1505 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda could have priced this car several thousand dollars higher and the would still sell...I compared this car to the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe and the Honda Civic...Way more fun and for my money a tighter car. Handles great, pick up in automatic is good but if you want more you can throw it into the clutchless mode and control the shifting yourself.

An Audi for 20K less . . .
By Miyoshi Chen on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven many compact and midsize cars over the years, including the Sentra, Civic, Focus, Cavalier, Lancer, and Corolla, as well as the Accord, Camry, and Mazda 6. I will honestly tell you that very few cars come close to the value and quality of this car. Whether you choose the smooth 5 speed or convenient 4 speed, you can't go wrong. This car has the poise to perform in stop and go city traffic, the ability to break free on the open road and through the twisties, and has the build quality to rival cars that cost 10-20K more. With the orange/red accents, you feel like you're in an Audi A4 instead of a Mazda.

If you're tired of Hondas Get the Mazda3
By barrettdp on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it!! I love the way it handles. Has great get up and go! Interior is awesome! If you are tired of seeing the same old Honda on the street...this is the car for you! I love Mazdas so I may be a bit impartial. I would give it a nine out of ten on an overall scale.

Very capable
By Zuzu on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a solid feel, crisp handling and good seat comfort. I feel confident behind the wheel and there's plenty of back seat and hatchback utility in this fun package. I paid full boat retail and don't regret it. Our other car is a Miata and it's hard to compare these two but it is sporty enough that I don't jones to get back in the sports car. It's really great.

too fast too furious
By sal bumpensaro on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

awsome ride. awesome speed. out of the box performance that rivials all of the tricked out street racers. it's got big rims, low profile tires, a fast engine and tons of features.

Zippy 3
By Tostadoesq on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car. It has all the features of a luxury car, yet it comes in a small package (easy to park)and at a reasonable price. The navigation is great, and the utility of the hatchback comes in handy.

Mazda3
By LeBron on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good Performance/Handling. Quiet engine. Solid structure. Excellent design inside and out. Don't know about reliability yet.

sporty
By PL on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

fun car to drive

Great ride
By mcintire on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned an Audi A4 for several years, Mazda's 3 feels very similar. A solid drive...doesn't feel like I'm driving a compact. Plenty of muscle and a beautifully designed interior/exterior. Mazda really outdid themselves with this one. For the money, I can't imagine more in a vehicle.