2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

s 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (246 reviews )
Great new car to start with!
By bugbond79 on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

iT WAS SO FUN TO DRIVE. Taking turns was like a race car game. And best of all, I paid Invoice for it. Pickup is excellent, even uphill and the AT transmission switching to manual for pasing rocks.

Mazda 3 S
By Mazda 3 Solid Car on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great power delivery: it almost feels like a V6 engine (very similar to a VR6 Jetta I used to own). Great handling: Its roadholding is 0.87g according to C/D mag. That is close to Infiniti G35(0.88) and higher than Acura TSX (0.85). Interior: The individually sunk dashboard looks spectacular especially at night. Remote radio controls placed on the steering wheel comes in handy. Exterior: It looks a little chunky from certain angles but overall looks very sharp.

Mazda 3 Rocks
By Prax on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It is 2004 and would it be too much to ask for a compact that doesn't wimp out. Finally it was Mazda that delivered. I just got the Mazda 3s hatchback in Velocity Red with Black-Red Cloth interior, Auto, ABS/SBS, Moonroof/6-CD package. All for $500 over invoice. I bought it primarily as a commute car for myself and my little daughter. She absolutely loves it too. I suggest this as a great little runabout around town in style and comfort without looking/feeling like a harrier mom.

Very Impressive!!!
By Max Reyes on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the titanium grey with the ABS brakes and xenon light options. So far my wife and I absolutely love it. It has a very sporty look to it and I get alot of "it looks like a mini Lexus or a Infinity FX". The ride is awesome with ample power and the interior has a nice feel and look to it. The 17" stock rims are definetly a plus! If you are in the market for a small sedan, you should check this vehicle out. You will be impressed.

Titanium3
By sirealz on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Went with fully loaded options and still got a great price!!!!

New Protege...No Way!
By ZooM3 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my new 3 (hatchback), and there is no comparing this car and the car it replaced, the long-lived Protege. Everything about this car is great! The styling, the interior, and all of the standard features! I traded in my 2002 PR5 without a second thought. After one test drive I had already made up my mind! The car is so great in the styling department...It's almost like BMW and a Benz got together and produced the new Mazda 3. Excellent build quality and materials. To drive it, is to love it!

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
By carpicky on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 3s 5-door is written about to "appeal to a younger driver," but I'm not in my twenties and love it. Mazda was smart to include what they did in this car i.e. 17" rims w/ low- profile tires, 4-wheel disc brakes, and a sporty suspention, to name a few. I wanted an auto for commuting but also wanted it to be fun, which translates to, wanted it to perform. This car meets those needs. I was looking at the jetta too but who wouldn't go for this car with such savings and higher reliability history? Drive: One word, NIMBLE! I took a long sharp turn during test drive and it had just about no leaning as it just zipped around the bend.

five door hatch
By banzai on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at a number of other cars, matrix, vw, subaru, etc. The three had a lot more bang for the dollar. Still waiting to see how it really performs because of the break in period.

The Surprise Winner
By BarrY Evans on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to test drive the Mazda 3 just to be sure that I did not overlook anything before I dropped 20K. This car out drove anything else I drove (Jetta, Civic, Altima and Matrix). Shifting is simple and precise, not the sluggish start of the other cars I drove. The engine revs freely and clutch is very smooth. Steering is a bit light but provides a good sense of the road. The car interior is well laid out though a bit quirky in its styling. The result is that I bought the car. Mazda really has delivered a drivers car at a reasonable price.

Awesome Car!
By jtemp7 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly a fun car to drive! The interior is comfortable yet sporty. It handles very well. The highway ride is smooth and quiet. The car can be customized to fit your peferences, while remaining affordable. I would highly recommend it!