2013 Mazda 2 Consumer Review: Mazda 2 after 250 miles.

2013 Mazda 2 - Consumer Review

Mazda 2 after 250 miles.
By mikeinct on

2013 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had concerns about the Mazda 2 based on other reviewers reports. So far my experience has been very positive. I almost bought a Honda Fit base. But for less money I bought the Mazda2 Touring MT. My feeling is that the Mazda is sportier and more fun to drive. Also I am finding that with careful use of the stick you can get much better economy than reported by EPA. On stop and go commute my mpg is mid to high thirties. I have yet to spend much time on the highway but I won't be surprised to see over 40. I like the interior and the exterior. The build quality is evident. Everything inside and on the dash is intuitive. More later...

Good gas mileage. Smooth engine. Quiet interior. Comfortable seats. Easy to use shifter.

I read one report that said the clutch engagement is vague. I would tend to agree with this assessment. But after a couple of days of practice I can take off on steep uphills with smooth control. I really think that it is just closer to the floor than most people prefer.
By mikeinct
on 10/28/14 09:48 AM (PDT)

After 21 K miles and almost 2 years the car is doing finel. If I had any misgivings they are a thing of the past. My gas mileage is still in the upper thirties. Had had no problems at all......Mike