Awesome little car!
By acarlton on
2013 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
This car is very fun!When I totaled my Mazda3, I started looking at other cars but nothing came up to snuff like the Mazda. At 100hp per 6k rpm's, it seems like not a lot, and it's not. With a 5M, you can push it a little more and have more control over the car. The interior is excellent in the touring model and does not feel like a tiny car. Road noise is not nearly as loud as I expected. It does well on long trips, getting about 36mi/gallon. I know this is weird to throw in, but this little car handles potholes really well. And unlike one or two reviews I read, it does not "bounce" all over the road. It's very sturdy and handles pretty similarly to my Mazda3 (RIP).
Favorite Features
The handling is excellent, and I love driving it on winding roads. I know some reviews say that this car should get better mpg, but that doesn't bother me as much...the difference between an '07 M3 and an '11 M2 in gas is about 5-7 mpg more; so, I'm happy with that! And also, I'd rather have the ability to give my car a little more power with the manual transmission so I won't get run over on the road than have a few more mpg.
Suggested Improvements
I don't particularly love how easy the clutch is. The first time I test drove the car, I almost shoved the clutch through the floor. My husband says my Mazda 3 was like that, but the clutch is even more responsive in my M2.