2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda2 model:
Awesome little car!
By acarlton on 01/18/14 14:55 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun!When I totaled my Mazda3, I started looking at other cars but nothing came up to snuff like the Mazda. At 100hp per 6k rpm's, it seems like not a lot, and it's not. With a 5M, you can push it a little more and have more control over the car. The interior is excellent in the touring model and does not feel like a tiny car. Road noise is not nearly as loud as I expected. It does well on long trips, getting about 36mi/gallon. I know this is weird to throw in, but this little car handles potholes really well. And unlike one or two reviews I read, it does not "bounce" all over the road. It's very sturdy and handles pretty similarly to my Mazda3 (RIP).

The "Fun To Drive" Zoom Zoom Economy Car!
By xcorgi on 12/27/13 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say, this car is just surprising! It really gets better the more you drive it. It is rock solid and it's standard Yokohama tires glue it to the road and is especially secure in fast, tight, turns. This coupled with the amazing suspension makes you feel secure and completely in control at all times. Don't believe the video review BS on YouTube about this thing being underpowered. It's not! It's a perfect balance of horsepower to weight ratio logic. Dont take my word for it. Test drive one and your will be surprised! It may not have the best storage or tech goodies but if you want to fall in love with the Fun Factor of driving every day this is the one! It has the fun fun zoom zoom!

The Mazda2 is for the car enthusiast of the "B" segment.
By marvinloldham on 10/04/13 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have two types of cars: The sports car I love and the work car I need. It was time for me to replace my need car. so I wanted, cheep, easy to maintain, great mpg, and it had to be A STICK! I looked at the Mazda2, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai accent, Chevy Sonic, and the Honda fit. Let make it REAL easy for you since I drove them all. If you need cargo hauling-- go with the Honda fit. If you want to be under the radar and the best warranty-- go with the Hyundai Accent. If you need bells and whistles- Go with the Ford Fiesta. If you need a compromise of the previous three --- Go with the Chevy Sonic. But if you like a car that acts & feels like a sports car--- Mazda2 hands down!

Mazda 2 after 250 miles.
By mikeinct on 04/02/13 09:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had concerns about the Mazda 2 based on other reviewers reports. So far my experience has been very positive. I almost bought a Honda Fit base. But for less money I bought the Mazda2 Touring MT. My feeling is that the Mazda is sportier and more fun to drive. Also I am finding that with careful use of the stick you can get much better economy than reported by EPA. On stop and go commute my mpg is mid to high thirties. I have yet to spend much time on the highway but I won't be surprised to see over 40. I like the interior and the exterior. The build quality is evident. Everything inside and on the dash is intuitive. More later...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback in VA is:

$148 per month*