Good solid little car
By eptx3 on
2012 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I got to drive one of these recently and it made me think about this car over the one I actually bought. Being on a tight budget I bought a 2012 Ford Focus, but I never thought about looking at the Mazda 2. I have driven Toyota's Yaris 4-door and it had a noisy ride and a hard feel on the road. The Mazda 2 had a quiet, solid feel inside with lots of space for a six-foot tall driver. The doors closed with a solid thunk. The Mazda 2 was smooth and fast. The Edmunds review here says that the automatic transmission was not adequate. I thought it was. I hit the pedal hard to get it into passing gear and this car was fast. 100hp was very adequate in my opinion. Smooth and fast acceleration.
Favorite Features
Interior looks. Clean, non-cluttered design inside. Exterior looks and design. Quiet ride. Solid road feel. The solid thunk of the doors when you close them. Plenty of space inside for a small car. Easy to get in and out of the car. Economical and not a slow car. Good choice for a first-time car buyer like a student or young adult.
Suggested Improvements
I'll leave that to the designers of this great little car for their future models. They did an excellent job.