2012 Mazda 2 Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2012 Mazda 2 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great Little Car
By jamuraco on

2012 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had been looking at the Mazda2 well before it arrived in the states. Shortly after it arrived, the Chevy Sonic and Kia Rio5 also arrived. After checking out all three vehicles, the Mazda2 blew the competition out of the water. It may not have the biggest engine or most features, but it is most definitely the most fun to drive. While many reviews I read commented on the Mazda2's lack of power, I find it to be more than adequate. I love the driving experience provided by Mazda and am especially pleased to be averaging 30mpg (compared to the 20mpg I got in my old vehicle) and not having to spend nearly as much on gas. It really is a great little car that is definitely worth checking out.

I love the standard features that come equipped on the touring model. It really is worth the extra money for the fog lights, the spoiler, the chrome exhaust tip, the audio controls on the wheel, the six speakers, the sport cloth interior, the leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, the wheels, and all the other extras.

While it is not by any means a big deal, the lack of a center armrest is rather bothersome when you've come to expect one. My suggestion to Mazda is to make a center armrest/storage compartment standard. I'm ordering one soon, but would rather it just come with the vehicle.
By jamuraco
on 03/14/14 18:38 PM (PDT)

To follow-up: Still love my Mazda2! Two years and about 30,000 miles later and not a single mechanical issue. I did install an armrest (non-Mazda), which is something I think Mazda should make standard. My biggest complaint is with the tires. Frankly, they aren't very durable. Otherwise, honestly, no complaints.