2012 Mazda 2 Consumer Review: Good solid little car

2012 Mazda 2 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Good solid little car
By eptx3 on

2012 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got to drive one of these recently and it made me think about this car over the one I actually bought. Being on a tight budget I bought a 2012 Ford Focus, but I never thought about looking at the Mazda 2. I have driven Toyota's Yaris 4-door and it had a noisy ride and a hard feel on the road. The Mazda 2 had a quiet, solid feel inside with lots of space for a six-foot tall driver. The doors closed with a solid thunk. The Mazda 2 was smooth and fast. The Edmunds review here says that the automatic transmission was not adequate. I thought it was. I hit the pedal hard to get it into passing gear and this car was fast. 100hp was very adequate in my opinion. Smooth and fast acceleration.

Interior looks. Clean, non-cluttered design inside. Exterior looks and design. Quiet ride. Solid road feel. The solid thunk of the doors when you close them. Plenty of space inside for a small car. Easy to get in and out of the car. Economical and not a slow car. Good choice for a first-time car buyer like a student or young adult.

I'll leave that to the designers of this great little car for their future models. They did an excellent job.