Used 2012 Mazda 2 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda 2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 model:

Smiley Car, Smiley Driver
By projectm96

2012 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Porsche Boxster and have driven many high end sports cars including the Acura NSX. None of them are as fun as the Mazda 2 5SPD Manual. I bought the car used with low mileage and I use it daily and in autocross. It is a great little race car for autocross events. It makes driving fun. The engine is peppy and feels strong and the car is surprisingly quiet and smooth. With my spirited mixed city/highway driving, I average 29.5 mpg.

Manual transmission, turning circle radius, handling, steering feel, peppy engine, fuel economy, low cost maintenance/parts.

Cup holders are useless. They are positioned too far back, making it awkward to reach for drinks. If the arm rest is included, it blocks access to the cup holders and limits you from storing taller drinks like large water bottles. The ABS is too intrusive. It activates under every bump and pot hole in the road. With the roads in PA, the ABS activates a few times each day in my commute to work. The ABS is also too loud. A 2012 model car with no USB port? A 2012 economy car without a standard fuel economy gauge?

2012 Sport manual
By kengriffey

2012 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and have put on 2000 miles so far. Got the Sport because I couldn't find any Touring models with manuals in my area. Excellent handling, I really feel like I can toss this car around. The shifter is very smooth and quick. At first I was worried about the 100hp but while it won't knock you back in your seat during acceleration it is more than adequate(previous car was a 9-3 Saab). Personally I like the simpleness of the car, the dash is basic and for an economy car it's what it should be. I've been averaging 33 mpg with most of my driving at 70 mph on the highway. Basically it is what most of the reviews say, a fun to drive economy car.

Simple dash and radio, Shifter Handling