2011 Mazda Mazda2 Consumer Review: Fun Hatch

2011 Mazda Mazda2 - Consumer Review

Fun Hatch
By Car Guy on

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At first I didn't like the goofy face of this car, but after test driving one yesterday I loved almost everything about the car. The bright green color attracts a lot of attention (yellow cobalt stood out less than this car). Acceleration is adequate for a car of this size and weight. The clutch is very light and will take time getting use to. The steering is sharp and adds to the "go-kart" feel. I would love to see the MazdaSpeed version of this car if/when it comes out. Price is cheaper than the fiesta but, it feels more spacious and with the touring package (I think) you get more bang for your buck. You're only losing out on SYNC and SAT radio. Gas mileage is outstanding.

Favorite Features

The front seats are firm and very comfortable, Go-kart like handling, Power outlet with AUX in at the bottom of the center console, BRIGHT colors, given it's such a small car there is a lot of space inside (I'm 6'1" and didn't feel uncomfortable), Fog Lights (touring package) looks more aggressive

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control for all models, arm rest for the driver and front passenger, I don't like the digital fuel gauge (it looks like bars on a cell phone) I would like to see a standard analog dial, more seat color options, and a little more "feeling" in the clutch would be nice.