2011 Mazda Mazda2 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best handling subcompact hatchback out

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback - Consumer Review

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Best handling subcompact hatchback out there
By carboloader on

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what I planned on buying. The 2 handles great. It is best on curvy roads. I put a K&N air filter in it and it helped the acceleration. I drive 90% highway driving and I am averaging 40 mpg. That is with 3k miles on it. It is not a perfect car; however, I think that it is the best handling subcompact hatchback sold today. I test drove both auto and manual an the manual is the most fun to drive. I test drove other cars, but this car handles better than the other subcompacts that I drove. This car has the zoom zoom handling Mazda is famous for. At least test drive one before you buy another subcompact. I would buy this car again.

Favorite Features

Handling is great. The steering is responsive. Braking is great considering rear drums are on this car. The manual shifter shifts accurately with short shifting motion. Visibility is good.

Suggested Improvements

An arm rest would be nice. Four wheel disk brakes. Sunroof option. Telescoping steering wheel.