Disappointed
By fww on
2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I was wanting to buy a new car for my wife and we wanted a smaller car than the 96 Maxima and better gas mileage. We looked at Toyota Yaris, Prius C, Honda Fit, Nissan Versa and the Mazda 2, as well as Ford Fiesta and Chevy Sonic. We ended up choosing the Mazda 2 because it and the Fit were the only 2 assembled in Japan. I wanted the Japanese quality. I am very upset with the dealership and not real happy with the car. We've only had it for 5 weeks so maybe things will improve. I knew it was not a "road" car and after 2 hours in it my back was very sore. It does not get anywhere near the gas mileage they suggest and I've always gotten more mileage than the window sticker says I should
Favorite Features
I like the size, styling and interior. It is a little more cramped (hatch storage area) than we anticipated but it's easier for my wife to drive. I like the steering wheel "controls" for radio, computer, etc. We added the Homelink Mirror and it's great.
Suggested Improvements
The steering is very "darty" so unless you really pay attention you're going to be all over the highway. I'm not sure why the seats are so uncomfortable. They're fine for short trips in the city but I'll drive my truck or my "Z" on the road before this car again. And I'm not sure how they can improve gas mileage The window sticker says 27-33 highway (some drivers will get up to 39 MPG) and we didn't get that much on a recent 300 mile trip. So I dont' know what's going on with it. The dealership was no help on this either. Knowing what I now know about this car, I would NOT buy it again even though I'm sure it will be very dependable.