2011 Mazda 2 Consumer Review: Automatic transmission is terr

2011 Mazda 2 - Consumer Review

Automatic transmission is terrible
By grayliner on

2011 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car is great, but NOT with an automatic tranny. I would have bought the stick but my wife can't drive a stick. I miss my Echo, that was the best car I've ever owned. The ride is fine. But getting out into traffic is dangerous. The acceleration is very laggy. There's a delay. Going around corners is sketchy because throttle control is a guessing game. You step on the gas and it's a crapshoot what's going to happen. There's no gradual acceleration, it hits - reminiscent of a 2-stroke dirtbike. The cruise control buttons are my least favorite of all the types I've had. The fuel economy is not what I'd expect from a tiny car. The driver seat is all the way back and I'm 5'8".

I like the solid rubbery ride, don't mind the way you feel the road or even the road noise. Good steering and braking. Comfortable seats. Price.

New auto transmission. Better cruise-control controls. Give us 2 keys and don't charge $400 for a second key - rude!