A true Zoom-Zoom
By redkills on
2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Purchased a M2 just in sept of 2011. I love the handling on the car and yes it may be a bit short on power aka 2 least powered car sold in US market but it's light weight and amazing handling makes this the perfect city zipping car. I went with the sport because the touring is a waste of money. you get "extra" stuff you don't really need, plus for those that want to autocross the sport weights less. I'd rather add my own aftermarket gear and tuning. such as adding a in dash nav, if you have the touring version adding a in dash nav will make most of your wheel control features useless. lastly, this is a great car for easy upgrading and aftermarket work.
Favorite Features
Handling is great, great body shape and I love the 15's it rides on. The interior is bare and simple but still very comfortable One of the first thing I did was add H&R lowering springs since the wheel gap on the stock was HUGE. Also had to do an aftermarket sunroof from coach auto oregon too since it wasn't even an option for factory. For any of you other mazda owners out there looking for preformance parts. Corksport in washington pretty much makes all sorts of parts for any mazda, that's where i'm getting most of my gear.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest gripe is how the japanese Mazda Demio aka 2 in the us has MUCH better stock options than USA. In fact at one point they were offering a in dash nav for FREE! the Jap M2 also comes with projection headlights which costs us almost 800 extra to purchase. Lastly I don't like the lack of OEM market here in US, I've called every mazda dealership in my area to ask about parts that the manufacture makes, but none of them carry any of those. It's prob cause the car model is new, but I sure hope they get that changed. It's lame that europe and japan get all the cool factory stuff we can't even touch yet without paying a rediculous amount for shipping.