2011 Mazda Mazda2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda2 model:
Excellent and FUN little car
By s1652 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in August after holding off all summer to make a new car purchase specifically so I could test drive it before making any decisions. I am so glad I did. I had test driven the Fiesta and was not as blown away as I expected after all the hype, and had looked closely at the Yaris as well. This car is fun to drive! The more I drive it the more I love it. I have driven more in the past 3 months than in the 6 months previous with my old car. If you do a lot of your driving in the city as I do it is perfect for navigating tight side streets, making quick turns and edging through traffic. It does just fine on the highway. I have found the 100 hp to be sufficient.

Nice little car to drive
By Bob on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you're looking for a small car with zip and fuel efficiency, this just might be your car. The interior and exterior design is simple in a good way - minimalist is the word I'd choose. The car had all of the creature comforts I wanted without any that I didn't need. If your commute is short and you need a car that doesn't need frequent fill-ups, get a Mazda2.

Nice B Segment Alternative
By arevee on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot about this car before the purchase and find the following to be true. The car handles very well, but does have some roll. The steering and brakes are great and the engine has enough pep for me. I had a Yaris prior to this car and find this an all around better vehicle.

Fun Hatch
By Car Guy on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At first I didn't like the goofy face of this car, but after test driving one yesterday I loved almost everything about the car. The bright green color attracts a lot of attention (yellow cobalt stood out less than this car). Acceleration is adequate for a car of this size and weight. The clutch is very light and will take time getting use to. The steering is sharp and adds to the "go-kart" feel. I would love to see the MazdaSpeed version of this car if/when it comes out. Price is cheaper than the fiesta but, it feels more spacious and with the touring package (I think) you get more bang for your buck. You're only losing out on SYNC and SAT radio. Gas mileage is outstanding.

2011 Mazda2 ZOOM!
By P. Vestal on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my new 2011 Spirit Green Mazda 2 Touring 5-speed! As a 50+ professional female who was considering the purchase of a Lexus Sedan, I shocked myself by buying the Mazda 2 after I saw one zoom by earlier this month. For me it is somewhat nostalgic as I remember in high school and college driving a hand me down 72 Subaru, a 70 something Ford Fiesta and 79 Mazda 323. I have be a Toyota driver for years: 2 4Runners, 2 Rav4s, and 2 Tundra's. My 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited hasn't moved from the driveway since I purchased the Mazda 2! I love cranking up the stereo even though I mostly listen to classical, driving the The Mazda 2 rocks!

This is a great car!
By Hamilton on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's easy to drive in rush hour DC metro traffic. It's quick, not that it'll beat a high HP car, but fun quick. The shifter is a joy, it took a while to get used to the light gas, brake, and clutch pedals though. MPG on 1st tank was 34, 42 on the 2nd, and 38 on the 3rd. Bought the car in black, which makes it look so much better than that the green like color. Cargo space with the seats up handle about a week worth of groceries. Fold the seats down and Costco here I come! Ride is nice, not too soft, not too hard, it's just right. I don't carry more than one passenger when I drive so passenger room isn't a problem. Fiesta has more feature but the 2 has more fun.

Fun with a few flaws
By dp1 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to replace a 12 year old clunker. I love driving the car. The engine does feel peppy. The lower horse power forces you work the gears. The shifter and gear box are great -- exactly what I expect from Mazda. It is always fun to drive a slow car fast. I bought the base Touring model. It had all the features I wanted; cruise, upgraded stereo, trip computer, etc. I would love to see a center console. I have no where to put my right arm on longer freeway drives.

My trusty "Mazda 2" friend
By lboylesusa on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned 3 Mazda's I purchased the Mazda 2 HB Automatic just weeks ago for commuting highway and city. So far this vehicle matches in quality or exceeds my former Mazda's. The room is outstanding for this 6'commuter...my legs will extend fully, ample head room. The seat exceeds it's sister Fiesta, thicker, deeper, more supportive. The body is firm with 5 solid closing doors. Engine response is fast and nimble, with excellent suspension. Automatic is smooth shifting up or down. MY FUEL MILEAGE IS 37.8 MPG CITY/HIGHWAY... above the sticker rating!!! This is a ZOOM vehicle, priced well. Style, fit, finish is outstanding. It would be a mistake not to purchase this vehicle if undecided. lb

This is a great car!
By Hamilton on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on Sept 3. I first saw this car in Hong Kong in 08 and wanted it ever since. I've driven the '11 Fiesta but preferred the feel of the 2. Although it has only 100HP, it's not a concern when you drive it. Driving position took about 50 miles to perfect but now it's set it stone. The Fiesta and 2 are very similar in size, inside and out. The interior controls are different, the 2's radio controls are easy to use, I like simplicity. The Fiesta's radio has a learning curve, not very user-friendly, one needs SYNC to use it. *Extra $595 to get SYNC* Overall, great car for anyone looking great ride at a great price.

Great Little Car
By Robert on 08/26/10 16:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Mazda2 really is a great little car. I traded in my Jeep Commander and am loving every minute in my Mazda. It handles like a go-kart around corners and acceleration is fine for a car in this segment. I really like the feel of the electronic power steering, but the throttle progression of the gas pedal is a little odd. The quality, fit and finish, and standard features can't be beat! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a small car, and I prefer it over the Yaris, Fit, and Versa any day. My dad put 250,000 miles on his 1981 Mazda GLC, and I hope the same from my Mazda2.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda2 in VA is:

$113 per month*