2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda2 model:
Like a big 'ol Go Kart!!
By robtech34 on 11/03/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, fun,fun! (5 speed manual) I've read some 10.2 second 0-60 numbers on the 5 speed to which I can only say, learn how to drive pal. This car is like driving a comfortable, Go Kart!! Tooling around town is so much fun because 35 MPH feels fast in this car. On the Highway, 80 MPH no problem. Very good build feel inside. Lacks some Bells and whistles, but I have zero use for blue tooth and own a much better GPS than is offered in other competing models.

Great Second Car
By professor52 on 10/28/11 11:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this vehicle. I was looking for a second car, since I'm retired and I sold my car to my daughter. I did research on all subcompact cars available and drove my top three choices. For the money, Mazda 2 was the least expensive and I have had gas mileages from 35 to 40 mpg which is a combined city/highway useage. I chose the manual because of the size of engine, I could change gears when needed faster than an automatic. I don't regret my decision in a time of our economy and gas prices.

Oh my gosh!
By tsarheld1 on 08/18/11 21:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car nearly 2 weeks ago and I love it. Have burned though 2 tanks of gas...had an emergency in the family out of town....but on tank was around town and I got 33.28mpg and the second tank was all highway miles at 37.58 mpg...not bad for less that 500 miles on the car. I was really captured by the looks and took a test drive and then went home and checkout lots of online review...from people not consumer reports ..".which I find useless when it comes to cars". Everyone that owned on raved about handling so I took another test drive and checked out the competition ......and I was convinced this was the car to replace my tired old 2004 Aveo.

Why can't they sell more of these?
By ksonic on 04/12/11 13:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

In the U.S., the 2 must be one of the great automotive secrets. Since buying mine more than a month ago, I've seen all of one other on the road, and I live in a metro area where subcompacts are common. It's such a great, satisfying car at a low price that it's hard to understand why Mazda dealerships can't seem to give them away. The 2 may seem to be just a cheap economy car for those on budget, but I beg to differ. As a fan of Euro-style small, quick hatches (last car was a Ford SVT Focus), I had to give the 2 a try. It's amazingly fun to drive. It's not fast in a straight line, but it's quick enough. And the features, fuel mileage, and practicality make it a great all-arounder.

Fun Hatch
By Car Guy on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At first I didn't like the goofy face of this car, but after test driving one yesterday I loved almost everything about the car. The bright green color attracts a lot of attention (yellow cobalt stood out less than this car). Acceleration is adequate for a car of this size and weight. The clutch is very light and will take time getting use to. The steering is sharp and adds to the "go-kart" feel. I would love to see the MazdaSpeed version of this car if/when it comes out. Price is cheaper than the fiesta but, it feels more spacious and with the touring package (I think) you get more bang for your buck. You're only losing out on SYNC and SAT radio. Gas mileage is outstanding.

Awesome little car!
By bigkampe on 08/14/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car and enjoy its quick and responsive handling. For a 100 hp, this little car can move. I could not disagree with edmunds assessment of this car more. I drove the Fiesta and was a little disappointed. Plus, while the Fit is a nice car with more storage, the drive is not a pleasant and its styling is less attractive to me.

Drove one in Australia
By segesta on 05/14/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

In May 2010 I visited family in Sydney and drove the Mazda 2. Right hand drive aside, it was a fun car, roomy, even fit my big international-traveler suitcase in the back. Seemed well built, the doors thunked nicely. They've had no reliability problems with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Hatchback in NJ is:

$188 per month*