2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Bought something else
By Old Duffer

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove and investigated the 2015 CX-9 and decided to buy a 2013 Acura MDX for slightly less money. Acura's SH-AWD system and better road manners were the clinchers. The Mazda handled pretty well, and its features were nice, but the Acura had more technology and user friendly technology. Also the V6 in the Mazda is made by Ford (so I understand) and doesn't have the grunt of the Acura or the highway acceleration (50-70 mph). The Acura also seems to have more interior room and cargo space. Since we weren't really giving up anything in terms of features or performance we decided to buy the 2013 Acura (with less than 30K miles) with a year remaining on the factory bumper to bumper and two years on the power train warranties and save several thousand dollars.

Snazzy Dazzy
By Kip Kerby

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have had this car four weeks and love it, we get several comments about how sharp and nice the car looks, both style and trim lines. The only reason I gave a lower rating is there isn't much storage compartments in the passenger area etc.

Snazzy Dazzy
By Kip Kerby

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Tech outdated, to much hard plastic on dash
By Mddaddy

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at these because of the closeout price, but they are just dated. Hard plastic, dated touchscreen, passenger seat too high, poor gas mileage - just too many knocks against it.

Hopefully, the 2016 (2017) redesign will get Mazda caught up with the Edge and. Pilot

The only thing really bad is the gas mileage
By Anthony Chan

2015 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We knew that gas mileage was not going to be good before we bought the vehicle, but we got such a good deal on it that it somewhat compensated for the additional fuel cost.