2014 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Technology incompetent
By bb_gun

2014 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The SUV is very comfortable, quiet, stylish and spacious. It's fun to ride even on long trips. Love the look & feel. CONS: Fuel economy - it doesn't give the listed fuel economy; couple of mpg less. Bluetooth - if I had my phone on before starting the SUV, it will transfer the phone call, but will cut in & out. USB/iPAD - always starts in the first song - doesn't go back to the song that you were listening to before. Hate the GPS.

Exterior design - sleek & stylish; Interior spacious and comfortable

Fix the technology part of the car - bluetooth, GPS, USB/iPAD Be truthful about the mpg - let us know that it will give only 21 mpg on highway as opposed to 24.

A overall great suv.
By sportsphil

2014 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well lets start with the fact that i went from a 2006 BMW x5 to my 2014 cx9. The X5 was great for what it was. The CX9 is better for what i wanted. The CX9 is much comfier. It is adequately fast and adequately nimble. The X5 was way faster, more nimble and could break alot better. But its ride was extremely uncomfortable owing to all the sportiness of the vehicle. I enjoy the cheaper gas and the better mileage in the cx9. I enjoy the quiet comfy ride that is light years beyond my x5. The navigation in the CX9 does realtime traffic (with no subscription)... which i didnt expect or maybe that was something the dealer got for me since i got it as an add on. 4000 miles, so far so good

So far its been the real time traffic navigation.

Better brakes.

Love the CX-9
By syracusebeagle

2014 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After owning several unreliable Jeep products, I decided it was time to try something new. Enter 2014 Mazda CX-9. This is quite possibly the nicest car I have ever owned. It is lovely to look at. Fun to drive. Has loads of cargo space. The most crucial consideration for me was the AWD feature. I outfitted the CX-9 with Blizzaks for the winter. I have already taken this car on treacherous journeys. The CX-9 is a tank. Combine the outfitted CX-9 with a little common sense and you will go anywhere.

One of the finest features...PRICE. I bought this CX-9 at the end of the model year. 7,000 off the sticker and very low finance rate made for a great deal. The CX-9 looks like the much more expensive AUDI CUV for a fraction of the price. The CX-9 is luxurious and comfortable. Some folks have bashed the navigation system. It is waaayy more capable than the 2009 Chrysler navigation. It certainly gets me where I need to go. And one more thing..the cargo space. I can haul a lot of crap with the CX-9.

Improvements...gas mileage. No worse than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but wish it could be a little better.