2013 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Sooooo not the minivan

2013 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Sooooo not the minivan
By mamams on

2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my CX9 and let me tell you, I am loving it. I did not want to get out of it after my first drive to work. The interior is very comfortable and the small touches that Mazda has added are really nice. For instance, there is a little well in the center console for your USB or charger cord to rest in, so that you can fully close the console. The all weather mats were standard on my model and I love them too! I drove others, such as Ford, GMC, Chevy, and never felt like I was LOVING driving them. Once I saw the CX9 reviews, I thought I would try it, and am so glad I did. This car is VERY fun to drive. I am so ready for my first road trip in about 3 weeks!

Key fob and ignition knob are awesome. I can just keep in my purse (the black hole) and unlock/crank my car. Nav system, small touches like well in console for USB cord, charger cord. Feels like a much smaller vehicle when driving. Acceleration and braking are amazing. Comfortable, even for my husband who is 6'3". The cabin envelopes you, especially in driver seat.

As always, higher gas mileage would be appreciated. Other than that, no complaints at this point.
By bondimom
on 05/07/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

I test drove the Honda Pilot first and then the CX9 today and now I am trying to decide which one. Hands down the CX9 had a better car like feel and has a few more options then the Pilot. Is gas mileage really that bad? That is the only negative review I have read that and small head room. But if I want big I should do the Pilot, yet I could be swayed either way. As long as it is not a mini van....I am over the mini van