So glad I test drove this car
By abrandvo on
2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
My previous car was an '06 BMW 530xi. Needed to go to an SUV to haul grand kids and golf gear. 3 seats were a must, and I wanted a quiet and enjoyable driving experience, up to date technology and now that I am retired, a reasonable price. The Audi was too $$, BMW was too small and $$, Kia and Hyundai looked & felt cheap, Nissan had poor service record and Honda Pilot was ugly. That left the Toyota Highlander LTD and the CX-9. I took long test drives in both cars in various driving and weather conditions and the Mazda CX-9 was a no brainer. Quieter, more responsive, stylish in and out with a cleaner looking dash and instruments. Technology is more advanced and much easier to use.
Favorite Features
Love the smart phone integration with speed dial, contact list and the ability to read my incoming texts to me. Voice activated Nav is easy and reliable. Blind spot monitoring and back- up camera increase safety. Ipod integration is good and can be stored in console while in use. easy access to good size third row seats and easy fold up and down for quick conversion to more cargo space. Xenon headlights are really great as my night vision is not the best.
Suggested Improvements
As others have mentioned, heated steering wheel and back seats would be nice for winter months. Other than that I cant think of anything they missed.