Large SUV that Drives Like a Car!
By 12thfan on
2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my Cx-9 Grand Touring since January and love everything about it. I even like driving to work! I test drove the 4 Runner and Explorer but didn't like either one. The 4 Runner felt rough like I was driving a truck and you definitely heard and felt the engine working. I also didn't like being on a truck axel. I loved the Exterior of the Explorer, but felt the steering was too loose. I looked at the CX-9 once we read all of the great reviews. When we test drove, it was my favorite by far and it was the best value- a winning combination. Usually my favorite is the most expensive one! The steering responds extremely well and the V6 is the perfect amount of pick up.
Favorite Features
Armrest that is higher than usual. Very comfortable and is the first thing guests comment on when getting in the car. Another great feature of the armrest is that it splits, so one person can get something out while the other person continues to rest their arm. Great leather seats with strategically placed suede in the areas most know to wear first. Multiple settings for front seat. I can make it just how I like it. The third row was the most comfortable that we have seen. There is also a decent amount of foot room. Love that the back seat can tilt and move forward. Great flexibility. How could i forget the grill? The new grill on the 2013 was the reason I was open to looking at the CX-9.
Suggested Improvements
Sometimes GPS delivered us to the wrong place, but I think this was due to a software update needed. Only other improvement would be voice recognition. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself more than you would like.