2013 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Initial review: Great!

2013 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Initial review: Great!
By syndic8r on

2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It has been almost 3 years since before deciding on the CX-9 Grand Touring Tech to replace my '04 Highlander. I still really like the vehicle.

Great vehicle for the price. The ride is very nice and although the 20's do make the ride a tad rougher (as reviewers have said), overall the ride is more than acceptable. Vehicle has acceptable power, which is helpful as I live in a hilly area. Gas mileage is right around 18. I do much more city driving than highway and I'd love it if the mileage was better, but it's acceptable. I do a lot of listening to streaming audio and podcasts so the tech is important to me, and my only gripe. System talks to Android for text interface, but doesn't "see" android for music. Music player has more functionality for ios platforms than Android. If car is parked for a couple of days--like at an airport--you have to reconnect phone as the system loses connectivity. Gracenote feature has never worked for me, even after attempting to update. I hope that the updated version of the car cures these problems. I'm definitely considering another CX-9 when this lease is up.

• Outward visibility
  • Headlights
  • Parking aids

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review