2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Large SUV that Drives Like a Car!
By 12thfan on 05/09/13 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Cx-9 Grand Touring since January and love everything about it. I even like driving to work! I test drove the 4 Runner and Explorer but didn't like either one. The 4 Runner felt rough like I was driving a truck and you definitely heard and felt the engine working. I also didn't like being on a truck axel. I loved the Exterior of the Explorer, but felt the steering was too loose. I looked at the CX-9 once we read all of the great reviews. When we test drove, it was my favorite by far and it was the best value- a winning combination. Usually my favorite is the most expensive one! The steering responds extremely well and the V6 is the perfect amount of pick up.

Sooooo not the minivan
By mamams on 05/02/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my CX9 and let me tell you, I am loving it. I did not want to get out of it after my first drive to work. The interior is very comfortable and the small touches that Mazda has added are really nice. For instance, there is a little well in the center console for your USB or charger cord to rest in, so that you can fully close the console. The all weather mats were standard on my model and I love them too! I drove others, such as Ford, GMC, Chevy, and never felt like I was LOVING driving them. Once I saw the CX9 reviews, I thought I would try it, and am so glad I did. This car is VERY fun to drive. I am so ready for my first road trip in about 3 weeks!

From 7 to 1
By mrpladd on 03/18/13 10:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove 7 SUVs and all were nice and capable but the CX-9 was the only one that really excited me after the test drive. Pilot, Traverse, and Pathfinder were too cavernous. Explorer had too many bad reviews (here, CR) and I rented one for a weekend and it was falling apart at 1700 miles. Acadia was overpriced. Durango was a really nice ride and came in a very close second but was probably more SUV than I needed (I don't tow). The CX-9 website does not do justice to the looks of this SUV. It is very sharp looking and people have given me nice compliments. Got it last week and drove 2 hours to Boston this weekend. So comfortable. Didn't want the drive to end. Fit kids and luggage no prob

Great Car so far
By grassshearking on 02/07/13 17:41 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have about 500 miles on my 2013 CX9 AWD Grand Touring SUV. I wanted reliability, a good array of technical options, comfort, quite ride and seven seats. I looked over a variety of options - the GM suite of products (Enclave, Acadia, Traverse), Toyota Highlander, BMW X5 and Acura MDX. I added the CX9 to the list after seeing its consumer rated reliability index was a 92, higher than the Highlander. My decision came down to the Highlander and CX9. Did not trust the GM products, Acura MDX is too expensive, same with the X5. Compared to the Highlander Ltd, the CX9 GT has a better middle seat, better technical options, a better ride, and is a much better value. Paid $37k out the door for min

don't buy from Byers Mazda- Columbus Ohio
By elantra6 on 01/24/13 13:36 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

CX-9 is a great car. Very good quality, great Value. Compare it to all 7 seaters- CX 9 is the best value. I got my for $34,000 - Grand Touring - best value on the market I was very disappointed with Byers Mazda - Columbus Ohio - actually with their service department. The outside mirror is shaking a lot, so I went there to ask the to fix it. It's bean almost a 6 months and I have been given all kind of excuses not to fix it - very disappointed.