2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Excellent 7 seat SUV
By gman_mi on 05/29/14 14:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After a lot of research we decided to get the 2014 CX-9 Touring AWD with the Tech Package to replace our aging minivan. Some of the other vehicles we test drove were the Dodge Durango and Honda Pilot. The CX-9 had the best combination of interior space, looks, features, car-like driving experience and value for money. After a month of driving around we have been really satisfied with the vehicle. The vehicle is easy to drive and park which is unusual considering its large size. The Touring w/tech package offers a lot of near luxury features(Navigation, Moonroof, heated seats, leather, Bose speaker) but still keeps the sticker price reasonable for a large SUV.

Good but could be much better
By lmabadie on 01/22/14 12:05 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is fun to ride and very comfortable. Fuel consumption a little high. Worst by far are the Navigation System, voice recognition and the electronic interfaces, such as the Sirius radio and Bluetooth. Those do not seem to have even been Beta Tested, such a poor design that makes you wonder about the rest of the car. Sad part is that it it is just poor software, which needs an urgent upgrade.

So glad I test drove this car
By abrandvo on 11/02/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My previous car was an '06 BMW 530xi. Needed to go to an SUV to haul grand kids and golf gear. 3 seats were a must, and I wanted a quiet and enjoyable driving experience, up to date technology and now that I am retired, a reasonable price. The Audi was too $$, BMW was too small and $$, Kia and Hyundai looked & felt cheap, Nissan had poor service record and Honda Pilot was ugly. That left the Toyota Highlander LTD and the CX-9. I took long test drives in both cars in various driving and weather conditions and the Mazda CX-9 was a no brainer. Quieter, more responsive, stylish in and out with a cleaner looking dash and instruments. Technology is more advanced and much easier to use.

Initial review: Great!
By syndic8r on 10/28/13 19:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped around and looked at a number of reviews and test drove a number of vehicles before deciding on the CX-9 Grand Touring Tech to replace my '04 Highlander. Great vehicle for the price. The ride is very nice and although the 20's do make the ride a tad rougher (as reviewers have said), overall the ride is more than acceptable. Vehicle has good power, which is helpful as I live in a hilly area. Gas mileage is right at 18 in a mix of city and highway driving short distances each day Finish is great, quiet, tech package is very good and easy to operate. Very happy with the car.

Excellent Vehicle to drive
By jmorana on 07/22/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring that I recently bought is awesome. Nice feeling when you drive it, superior technology package, comfort and have 7 seats!!! . Thanks to George Dupuy who took the time to show this excellent vehicle to my wife with all the details. The test drive was a great experience to make the final decision to buy this car.

Car or brand...
By bb_nj on 07/12/13 20:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought spanking new CX9 AWD and was super excited. The drive is nice though the voice interface can be improved. Alas this was short lived and not to mention super frustating. So much so that I have decided to let go of the vehicle at a lose. Why... because Mazda sold me a car for which they do not have spare parts. My car is in workshop for more than a month for simple parts like bumber and grill. They do not even have eta on the back orders. The Customer service is no help and would not even consider a loner car. I am spending from my pocket. Even after the car is fixed I have lost complete faith in the brand. Please do share this critical info with friends.

Go zoom zoom mommy
By cgllane on 07/02/13 15:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just got our new CX-9 in May. We have already put nearly 6000 miles on it, and have loved every mile. My daughter likes to say go zoom zoom mommy, so I do. It is so much fun to drive and comfortable for the whole family on our long road trips. We love it. And the staff at Freeway Mazda in Ogden were all great to deal with.

Excellent family car
By jzwerl02 on 05/26/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Recently turned in our Lexus RX 350, looking to spend a little less this time around. The car is great (it's my second Madza; I also have a Mazda3). The only two things I can think of to complain about are the navigation screen is a bit small, and the interior material just feel a little cheap. But I guess they have to cut corners somewhere if I'm going to save this much $$$!! Otherwise the car is great!

Large SUV that Drives Like a Car!
By 12thfan on 05/09/13 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Cx-9 Grand Touring since January and love everything about it. I even like driving to work! I test drove the 4 Runner and Explorer but didn't like either one. The 4 Runner felt rough like I was driving a truck and you definitely heard and felt the engine working. I also didn't like being on a truck axel. I loved the Exterior of the Explorer, but felt the steering was too loose. I looked at the CX-9 once we read all of the great reviews. When we test drove, it was my favorite by far and it was the best value- a winning combination. Usually my favorite is the most expensive one! The steering responds extremely well and the V6 is the perfect amount of pick up.

Sooooo not the minivan
By mamams on 05/02/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my CX9 and let me tell you, I am loving it. I did not want to get out of it after my first drive to work. The interior is very comfortable and the small touches that Mazda has added are really nice. For instance, there is a little well in the center console for your USB or charger cord to rest in, so that you can fully close the console. The all weather mats were standard on my model and I love them too! I drove others, such as Ford, GMC, Chevy, and never felt like I was LOVING driving them. Once I saw the CX9 reviews, I thought I would try it, and am so glad I did. This car is VERY fun to drive. I am so ready for my first road trip in about 3 weeks!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*