Left my family stranded on the highway
By konigsmark on
2012 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
So far our experience has been awful. First, we live 5 hours from the closest Mazda Dealership. So I drove down early in the morning and bought the 2012 with 26 miles on the car total. On the way home, I start smelling gasoline. I figured it must be a new car smell, I've never owned a new car. Then the next day after purchasing the vehicle, the transfer case explodes on the highway. The car is filled with my family and we were out of cell phone range. Thankfully, some people stopped to help and a couple hours later our brand new car was towed to Pueblo, Colorado (5 hours away) to be repaired. I just want a safe car for my family.
Favorite Features
AWD and enough room for my children's carseats.
Suggested Improvements
Mazda should go out of their way to make this situation right. They should deliver a brand new 2012 CX-9 to my house or give me my money back. I do not want this car.
By aerodarts
on 08/22/12 16:21 PM (PDT)

what is the outcome of this story? what dealership? smell gas? not a good sign. stop get out have it check out before driving the car again. i have a dealer in durango who gives you 7 days to decide if you want the car.