2012 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

2012 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Review
By tim218 on

2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Driving feel, features Cons: Reliability. interior rattles, gas mileage The car handles very good for such a big auto. I find the driving experience to be enjoyable. The family (6 pax) just returned from a 1600 mile trip. We used a thule attachment on the roof and found the overall driving experience to be very enjoyable. Right before our trip, the front differential started to leak and had to be replaced. The car only had 10,000 miles on it. A fairly major job that almost derailed our vacation. Fortunately for us, the dealer had the part in stock. A little research online revealed this has been a habitual problem for this model.

Driving feel, features, front seat comfort.

Car also has had problems with an annoying rattle in the front console. The dealer has had it twice and has been unable to fix it. I've never had these types of issues with my previous new cars, a Ford and a Honda. While the car is very fun to drive and has loads of features, I would recommend looking elsewhere because of the reliability issues.