2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Review
By tim218 on 08/12/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Driving feel, features Cons: Reliability. interior rattles, gas mileage The car handles very good for such a big auto. I find the driving experience to be enjoyable. The family (6 pax) just returned from a 1600 mile trip. We used a thule attachment on the roof and found the overall driving experience to be very enjoyable. Right before our trip, the front differential started to leak and had to be replaced. The car only had 10,000 miles on it. A fairly major job that almost derailed our vacation. Fortunately for us, the dealer had the part in stock. A little research online revealed this has been a habitual problem for this model.

Pretty good value & great handling
By abarge527 on 02/16/13 07:40 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the vehicle after exhaustively comparing it to the Toyota Highlander and Acura MDX. In the end, we bought the Mazda because (a) the only area the Highlander was better was fuel economy, and (b) the MDX, while a better car in terms of luxury, features, and style, was considerably more expensive and given a feature-by-feature comparison, the Mazda was a much better value. Overall we are happy with the CX-9 and don't regret the decision. After having it for 2+ years, we are in a position to offer a long-term review of plusses and minuses which we hope the manufacturer reads and makes use of.

CX-9
By vts747 on 11/15/12 10:34 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Feels like smaller sporty car. My 12 hour long, 850 mile long road trip last summer wasn't as exhausting as usual, thanks to smaller steering wheel, sporty seats and carlike handling. Steering is sporty and precise. Seats feel carlike and comfortable for a long trip.

STAY AWAY!
By esso on 09/04/12 09:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I would never buy another Mazda again. After a month the driver seat started making squeaking noise. Try to schedule an appointment with Mazda dealership, the hell freeze sooner than you'll get an appointment. Everyone is rude, unprofessional. I even contacted Mazda Corporate and did not get anywhere. As of this time I am planning to sell the car and buy something American. Horrible car company, horrible customer support. What good is their warranty, when you cannot get any help. The only thing what you get from Mazda is a LEMON. I have tied a bag of lemons to my car and I am driving around our town like that, to let everyone know not to buy one.

Top Choice...Again!
By bg53 on 05/29/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a new 2012 CX-9 and traded in the 2008 model. Prior to the purchase I thoroughly researched all of the alternatives, just as I had done in 2008 and still came back to the Mazda. They fixed all of the little things that I had complaints with on the 2008 model (i.e. no trip computer, doors failed to lock automatically when in drive, and single entry into the center armrest). The Highlander was a close 2nd, but the extra space the CX-9 provides, along with the sporty drive made the choice clear. I just hope that the new one will be as reliable as the one traded (knock on wood).

First Mazda - Impressed so Far
By jk96 on 05/22/12 22:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have 3 children and were looking to downsize from a Ford Excursion to a mid-size SUV. Our requirements were seating for 7, leather interior, and easy access to the third row. We drove every mid-size SUV out there in the under 40k price range and found the CX-9 was our favorite with the new Dodge Durango a very close second. Ease of rear access on the Durango killed it for us. I needed something my 6 year olds could do themselves and the Mazda was a breeze. Doors opened wide, easy slide second row for rear access, and the fact that I could still fit 3 kids in the 2nd row and fold the rear seats for cargo space if needed was a huge plus. Great value lots of options for the money.

Great Find!
By gr8sail on 01/26/12 18:48 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to consolidate cars. My 13 year old 4Runner died and while I absolutely loved my Infiniti M45 Sport, I decided 3 cars ('99 MX5 Miata 10th Anniversary edition) was one too many. I wanted the cargo ccapacity of the 4Runner and the handling of the M45. I got both in the CX9 Grand Touring. This car is great! Terrific handling, good acceleration (it's not the M45) and enough high end features and gadgets to keep me happy. Mazda understands the importance of good ergonomics. The dash and controls are laid out well. The leather seats are very comfortable. There is plenty of room, front and back, ingress and egress is easy. A perfect combination of performance and functionality

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*