We purchased our 2011 CX-9 about a month ago and are very pleased with the car.
We traded out of a 2006 Honda Odyssey, after looking at the new Odyssey and not wanting more of the same (although it was a great vehicle).
But we weren't ready to give up the thirdrow seat just quite yet, either.
We wanted something a little more interesting to drive, as well.
So, as advertised, the CX-9 is a treat to drive for a large crossover and the interior has a solid and upscale feel.
Lots of room in the second row seat for the kids.
- Fun to drive
- Interior is solid and upscale
- keyless ignition
- liftgate and back-up camera
- Not as many family friendly compartment as some other competitors.
- Front passenger seat needs another inch or two in the knee, glove box area, and floor.
- Improve MPG -- it's about the same as other crossovers in its class but still a shock coming from a minivan.
It seems to be getting better as it gets broken in and we get better at driving it.
On a week trip (a lot of highway driving), over 2,500 miles in August, we averaged about 22.5 mpg.
It was great on the rode.