We purchased our 2011 CX-9 about a month ago and are very pleased with the car.
We traded out of a 2006 Honda Odyssey, after looking at the new Odyssey and not wanting more of the same (although it was a great vehicle).
But we weren't ready to give up the thirdrow seat just quite yet, either.
We wanted something a little more interesting to drive, as well.
So, as advertised, the CX-9 is a treat to drive for a large crossover and the interior has a solid and upscale feel.
Lots of room in the second row seat for the kids.
- Fun to drive
- Interior is solid and upscale
- keyless ignition
- liftgate and back-up camera
- Not as many family friendly compartment as some other competitors.
- Front passenger seat needs another inch or two in the knee, glove box area, and floor.
- Improve MPG -- it's about the same as other crossovers in its class but still a shock coming from a minivan.
It seems to be getting better as it gets broken in and we get better at driving it.
On a week trip (a lot of highway driving), over 2,500 miles in August, we averaged about 22.5 mpg.
It was great on the rode.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.