Very good, not quite great
By Darrin on
2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
After comparing the Acadia/Traverse, Ford Flex, and a few others, I choose the Mazda based on my test drive, available options in my price range, and also based on reviews here. I just took delivery last month so I haven't put on many miles yet, but there are a few things worth noting. One, the performance, handling, ride, etc is everything I read about. It handles like a much smaller SUV, body roll is almost zero, acceleration is more than adequate (how quick do you need to go from stop light to stop light really?), and it stops on a dime. Mileage is what it is, if I wanted 30 mpg I would've got a silly hybrid - no thanks. The car looks awesome from the outside though.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, black leather interior looks great, Bose system with satellite, remote lift hatch, adjustable second row seats, fit and finish.
Suggested Improvements
The window controls are so far down you almost reach to the dash to roll down the window. The steering wheel is angled too far forward, even with the adjustable column. Leather steering wheel is so slippery your hand wants to slide off when turning. Door handles are also too far forward.
By jamahero
on 03/15/11 23:35 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the review. I am contemplating buying the Acura Mdx or the Mazda. I have only test driven the Acura . I love the look of the Mazda. If the ride is smooth and quiet I am going for it. I am worried about the poisonous spider epidemic that occurred in the rubber tubing on certain cars shipped over here. I also worry that getting parts, service and so on will be difficult due to the disaster that has recently occurred in japan Anyone have any info on all that.? Spiders, radiation, gas prices, oh my. To sum it up poetically