2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Love this CX-9
By georgebake on 08/15/11 05:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CX9 for 15 months with no problems. Love the confort, handling, small turning radius, easy acess third row seating, blue tooth radio and even the GPS now that I am used to it. I will buy another CX9 next year. My wife love is and I can't believe how much I use the car for moving stuff and lots of people.

Finally Settled on the CX-9 Touring After Months of Test Drives
By anotherfan1 on 08/09/11 07:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from a 2008 Camry, a car I only liked for the gas mileage, to the CX-9 Touring. We looked at the GMC Acadia, the Pilot, the Highlander, Volvo XC-90, the Flex and the Explorer. XC-90 - Uncomfortable, cost too much Flex - Comfortable but strange looking Acadia - Didn't seem to have the quality I was looking for Highlander - Built on a Camry chassis and this was what I was trying to get away from Pilot - Seemed clunky and I did not like the dealer. The CX-9 is comfortable, spacious and it drives great. It has a very easy to manage center console, radio, etc. What I don't like is the mileage and how it's tough to be more a la carte while building your car online.

Very Nice Vehicle
By grf1 on 07/13/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 CX-9 for about a month, have taken two long road trips in it, and use it to commute in Atlanta traffic about 40 miles round trip. I traded in my 2001 Toyota Highlander for the Mazda, and so far, I'm very happy with the CX-9. The driving experience is great for this size vehicle. The third-row seating is very accessible, and is roomy enough for my 9-year old (my 15 year-old complains it's too tight, but then again, he complains about everything!). I am disappointed in the gas mileage, even when travelling on the interstate at reasonable speeds. I suppose that is the price one pays for this kind of performance. I really like the Bose sound system.

WOW....
By elise79 on 07/12/11 10:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just traded in my 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L for the CX-9 Touring. With this car we also got the Bose stereo, moon roof, power lift gate, bluetooth, and I few other bells and whistles I believe I am forgetting. We were deciding between this and the Honda Pilot EX-L, but it came down to price and options and the Honda couldn't touch the value in the CX-9. With tons more features, better styling and handling, we got the CX-9 for over $150 less per month! The interior is beautiful and there is a TON of space. The bluetooth is actually clear to those on the receiving end, something I have not experienced with any other car. The exterior is sleek and nice.

Great Car, avoid the GPS
By charles83 on 07/12/11 09:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the vehicle for about 3 months, and are very satisfied. Gas milage is consistenly about 19 miles per gallon. We compared most of the 5 and 7 passenger SUVs and Crossovers. The Mazda was great on price and features. We liked the Nissans, but they did not have the seating or the storage areas. My biggest concern is the Ford motor and transmission, but it will be a couple of years before I can know if this was a problem. There are not many Mazda dealers near us, so we will be using Ford for most service and repairs.

Best AWD Crossover
By greenmtneer on 07/05/11 13:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After extensive research and test driving, we selected the CX-9. Based upon reviews, and experience with friends' cars, we narrowed it down to the Highlander and the CX-9. Previously we had a Ford Explorer, and opted to not consider Ford due to the problems we had with that vehicle. GM and Honda were eliminated due to the price point (Toyota and Mazda clearly offer more value.) In the end, the Mazda won out due to its handling, and its interior space. We test drove the CX-9 and Highlander back to back, and the difference in handling curves was remarkable. We also checked out the Audi Q7. We felt that the Mazda compared favorably to the Audi in all aspects, and is priced $20k less.

Good Value
By kraft4a3 on 07/03/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a secondary people mover with a 3 row seat and AWD for the winter. The CX-9 fit the bill. For shuttling kids around town is good enough. Long road trips would be tough with more than 4 people/kids, but that is what we have our mini-van for. When driving solo or on date night it is a fun, sharp, and enjoyable car to drive.

Great car - but be aware...
By gwg_columbus on 06/30/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Like most reviewers, I looked at a lot of cars in this class. Right now, the CX-9 is the best deal, hands down. For around $32K, you get a lot more features for the dollar than almost any competitor, foreign or domestic. The CX-9 has been around several years, so the reliability should be terrific. It may not have every bell and whistle, but it's got the ones that really matter.

Mazda CX -9 Soars
By kathrynb on 05/31/11 19:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When I began my SUV search I hadn't considered the Mazda brand until I read the outstanding reviews. With a family of five to transport plus lots of sports equipment - yes, I'm a soccer mom, I wanted a lot of space for people and cargo but didn't want to feel as if I was driving a bus. Mazda delivered with style, functionality and performance. Mazda had superb ratings and having now owned my car for 3 months I finally can attest to the incredible driving experience. It is pure luxury and is a pleasure to drive. The car is very roomy with lots of leg room for the driver (5'10" and husband 6'3") and the vehicle soars across the road. A driving machine that is pure joy to drive.

Many strong features, a few minor irritants
By howard44 on 05/12/11 11:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our GT for two months and 2500 miles. I'd give it 93 out of 100. It's a stylish combination of fun and functionality. Compared to other SUVs, the CX-9 is sporty in appearance and handling. Engine is strong and relatively quiet. Transmission is smooth. Interior quality and design are well done. Third row is both usable and accessible. I think it stacks up well against the Enclave or Acadia for less money. There does seem to be a problem with wind noise on the highway. Like some other reviewers, I paid $100 over invoice, with front window tint and pinstripe tossed in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*