Used 2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Good Value
By Robin W.

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable and spacious. Fits 5 adults and a car seat/child very well. Great cargo space when back seats are folded down. Gas consumption could be better. A little wind noisy.

Love My CX-9
By pure_hp

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove on the same day the following vehicles: Ford Explorer, Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Veracruz, and the CX-9.
For the price, content and fun to drive factor, we couldn't go wrong with the CX-9.
It's quick, agile, spacious and well built.
Aside from poor fuel economy (still waiting to see if 17city/24hwy for FWD is really true), we have no complaints.

Bluetooth, keyless entry/ignition.

Daytime running lights as an option and gas mileage. Auto dimming rearview mirror should be standard across the board.

Very pleased with the CX-9
By wbedggr

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2011 CX-9 about a month ago and are very pleased with the car.
We traded out of a 2006 Honda Odyssey, after looking at the new Odyssey and not wanting more of the same (although it was a great vehicle).
But we weren't ready to give up the thirdrow seat just quite yet, either.
We wanted something a little more interesting to drive, as well.

So, as advertised, the CX-9 is a treat to drive for a large crossover and the interior has a solid and upscale feel.
Lots of room in the second row seat for the kids.

- Fun to drive - Interior is solid and upscale - keyless ignition - liftgate and back-up camera

- Not as many family friendly compartment as some other competitors. - Front passenger seat needs another inch or two in the knee, glove box area, and floor. - Improve MPG -- it's about the same as other crossovers in its class but still a shock coming from a minivan. It seems to be getting better as it gets broken in and we get better at driving it. On a week trip (a lot of highway driving), over 2,500 miles in August, we averaged about 22.5 mpg. It was great on the rode.

Finally Settled on the CX-9 Touring After Months of Test Drives
By anotherfan1

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from a 2008 Camry, a car I only liked for the gas mileage, to the CX-9 Touring.
We looked at the GMC Acadia, the Pilot, the Highlander, Volvo XC-90, the Flex and the Explorer.

XC-90 - Uncomfortable, cost too much
Flex - Comfortable but strange looking
Acadia - Didn't seem to have the quality I was looking for
Highlander - Built on a Camry chassis and this was what I was trying to get away from
Pilot - Seemed clunky and I did not like the dealer.

The CX-9 is comfortable, spacious and it drives great.
It has a very easy to manage center console, radio, etc.

What I don't like is the mileage and how it's tough to be more a la carte while building your car online.

Power liftgate is very nice. Visibility is great.

Gas mileage and more freedom to build the car you want online and at the dealer.

Very Nice Vehicle
By grf1

2011 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 CX-9 for about a month, have taken two long road trips in it, and use it to commute in Atlanta traffic about 40 miles round trip.
I traded in my 2001 Toyota Highlander for the Mazda, and so far, I'm very happy with the CX-9.
The driving experience is great for this size vehicle.
The third-row seating is very accessible, and is roomy enough for my 9-year old (my 15 year-old complains it's too tight, but then again, he complains about everything!).
I am disappointed in the gas mileage, even when travelling on the interstate at reasonable speeds.
I suppose that is the price one pays for this kind of performance.
I really like the Bose sound system.

Performance, seating comfort, sound system.

Gas mileage is very disappointing, even on the highway.