2011 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Nice, but....
By tracknut on 10/07/13 23:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had since new, 28k miles now. I tested everything at the time, traded an 08 Pathfinder. First impression was good; comfy, good power, nice interior. I almost passed for two reasons that now have me shopping again; FWD, and steering position. I prefer RWD or AWD but wanted best fuel econ. Although torque steer is not an issue, it IS a heavy steering feel and quick acceleration out of a tight/emergency spot just spins the wheels.#2, I just can't get comfortable with steering position. The wheel is slanted too far forward, making the reach at 10/2 a stretch (I'm 5'8"). Not enough adj to make it right for me. No lighted window/door lock swtchs, boomy sound and no flat cargo area are other gripes

Very Good Vehicle!
By freedvr1 on 07/02/12 15:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CX-9 for 2 years and 36,000 trouble free miles. I have two small children and my wife and the kids have made several 1,000 mile road trips. Very comfortable and stable on the road. I also have a 550i BMW, and this car definitley is as much fun to drive. Relatively speaking. Best value out there!

Best value in a 7 seater!
By wartoni on 01/14/12 06:44 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did a HUGE amount of driving and trying of many cars (Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Merc GL450, Hyundai veracruz) and found this to me the best mix of style and value. Not wanting to drive a outwardly expensive car and still wanting sport we picked this. I love it more now than when I test drove it. Great car for a good price.

Great Car, avoid the GPS
By charles83 on 07/12/11 09:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the vehicle for about 3 months, and are very satisfied. Gas milage is consistenly about 19 miles per gallon. We compared most of the 5 and 7 passenger SUVs and Crossovers. The Mazda was great on price and features. We liked the Nissans, but they did not have the seating or the storage areas. My biggest concern is the Ford motor and transmission, but it will be a couple of years before I can know if this was a problem. There are not many Mazda dealers near us, so we will be using Ford for most service and repairs.

LOVE IT!
By gabswiss on 03/31/11 14:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We traded-in our 2007 CX-7 and are not looking back (lots of problems with it) This car handle as good as the CX-7 even being heavier/bigger so I was pleansantly surprised by that. The interior is of high quality as you can see on the stitched leather seats. It's nice having extra room and all these cool options (rear view camera,blind-spot monitor,power lift gate,Bose Audio,GPS...) Only 2500miles on it so far so I cant comment on the reliability. We got the Black GT FWD model with Navigation/Bose audio/Power lift gate/Moonroof/Towing prep packages. Real cost was ~$36500 after all taxes/fees (we ended up paying a little less with the trade-in)

CX-9 Just picked up today!
By ferrez on 03/08/11 19:29 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up my CX-9 GT. Man this car is awesome. I know it's new so I'll return after a while and update everyone. Paid well below TMV price! Trust TMV!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*