2011 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Love My CX-9
By pure_hp on 09/26/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove on the same day the following vehicles: Ford Explorer, Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Veracruz, and the CX-9. For the price, content and fun to drive factor, we couldn't go wrong with the CX-9. It's quick, agile, spacious and well built. Aside from poor fuel economy (still waiting to see if 17city/24hwy for FWD is really true), we have no complaints.

Very pleased with the CX-9
By wbedggr on 08/27/11 05:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2011 CX-9 about a month ago and are very pleased with the car. We traded out of a 2006 Honda Odyssey, after looking at the new Odyssey and not wanting more of the same (although it was a great vehicle). But we weren't ready to give up the thirdrow seat just quite yet, either. We wanted something a little more interesting to drive, as well. So, as advertised, the CX-9 is a treat to drive for a large crossover and the interior has a solid and upscale feel. Lots of room in the second row seat for the kids.

Finally Settled on the CX-9 Touring After Months of Test Drives
By anotherfan1 on 08/09/11 07:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from a 2008 Camry, a car I only liked for the gas mileage, to the CX-9 Touring. We looked at the GMC Acadia, the Pilot, the Highlander, Volvo XC-90, the Flex and the Explorer. XC-90 - Uncomfortable, cost too much Flex - Comfortable but strange looking Acadia - Didn't seem to have the quality I was looking for Highlander - Built on a Camry chassis and this was what I was trying to get away from Pilot - Seemed clunky and I did not like the dealer. The CX-9 is comfortable, spacious and it drives great. It has a very easy to manage center console, radio, etc. What I don't like is the mileage and how it's tough to be more a la carte while building your car online.

Very Nice Vehicle
By grf1 on 07/13/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 CX-9 for about a month, have taken two long road trips in it, and use it to commute in Atlanta traffic about 40 miles round trip. I traded in my 2001 Toyota Highlander for the Mazda, and so far, I'm very happy with the CX-9. The driving experience is great for this size vehicle. The third-row seating is very accessible, and is roomy enough for my 9-year old (my 15 year-old complains it's too tight, but then again, he complains about everything!). I am disappointed in the gas mileage, even when travelling on the interstate at reasonable speeds. I suppose that is the price one pays for this kind of performance. I really like the Bose sound system.

Best 3-row CUV on the market
By emoney15 on 04/01/11 12:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After researching the GM cousins, the new Ford Explorer, the new Toyota 4-Runner, and Honda Pilot, we gladly purchased the CX-9. Nothing compares to the Mazda's driving dynamics or what you get for the money. I highly recommend this crossover as the mid-level Touring package comes standard with power everything, leather, and a fold-flat third row. Fuel econ is decent considering the size and power. We upgraded from a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. There is really no comparison to be made. The CX-9 is smooth and does not feel enormous, but is more than roomy enough. The dealership did a very good deal for us as well. Thumbs up, Mazda.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$133 per month*