My second CX9
By Homer.too on
2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 2009 Touring and kept it 18 months. Decided to move up to a Grand Touring in 2010. Wife wanted the power tail gate and we both wanted the back up camera and in dash GPS. This baby is loaded, the only thing missing is the moon roof which we didn't want anyway. Got a smoking deal. Upgraded a year also went from Touring to Gran Touring loaded for $8,000 tax, license incl. One real disappointment. The GPS system is very weak. Will not pull up POI's close to my house. Major chain stores we all know and have been in business several years do not show up. Also took a short trip last weekend and twice was told "could not provide guidance". This was on state hwys. WEAK real weak.
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade the performance of the in dash GPS unit. My cheap (by comparison) portable Garmin out performs this high dollar unit hands down. This unit is a real disappointment to an otherwise nice vehicle.
By tearlach
on 03/04/11 09:35 AM (PST)

I have a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD and agree with your review. I intentionally didn't get the weak Mazda NAV system because of its older technology and cost. Instead I purchased a Magellan 7" screen unit at Costco for $185 that fits perfectly in the console cup holder and is far superior to the $1500+ Mazda wanted for their NAV unit. While not a perfect in dash set-up, it was a great bang for the buck decision. Other than that I am very happy with the CX-9.