Mazda CX 9: Over-achiever of the year!
By camp168 on
2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
We bought this car to replace an 01 Explorer that was going to cost more than it was worth to repair. We tried the Chevy Traverse, Ford Edge, and Explorer XLT...after 5 minutes in the CX 9 it was a done deal! We got the Touring model with AWD, and it blows away anyone elses SUV/CUV! A like vehicle from Acura or Lexus would be $15k more! Fit and finish is exceptional. I am tall - 6'2"- as is my wife at 5'8" so we figure the kids will be big, so I sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows...plenty of room in the 2nd row, and even in the 3rd though head room was shorter...but I could see my self in any seat in the vehicle for a 2-3 hour trip with no problem! The engine is powerful and smooth. Tight handling!
Favorite Features
two tone, leather seating; Bose 10 point stereo; automatic tailgate lift; telescoping steering wheel...standard!
Suggested Improvements
Auto headlights/daytime running lights should be standard at this point, as should fog lights on the Touring and above model. My Explorer had locks that automatically engaged after putting it in drive...not an option on any Mazda.