Love my CX-9
By John Stark on
2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I test drove the 2010 CX-9, Highlander, Acadia and Flex. Key requirement was 3rd row of seats and fun to drive. After driving and researching all it came down to the Highlander and CX-9. Mazda CX-9 won on these items: - 3rd row is split. - More room behind 3rd row. Highlander barely had room for a row of groceries. - Access to 3rd row was WAY easier for the munchkins and adults than the Higlander. - Cx-9 is was more fun to drive. I liked the Highlander, but the Mazda has way more performance. Engine is smooth and shifts almost stealth. - Fit and finish is solid. Very nice looking car.
Favorite Features
- Blind side monitoring is genius. - Love the back-up camera. - Engine performace is the best in class by far. - Controls are well place. - Access to 3rd row.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I can think of is to move the window controls a little closer, a light in the glove compartment and some more nooks for storage. But these are minor. Some folks have commented on the ride being stiff. It is bit noticeable but then the handling wouldn't be there if it were softer.