2010 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Good car, Horrible tires

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Review

Good car, Horrible tires
By njpathfinder28 on

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I like my CX-9. Except for two things. No fog lights on any models below the GT. I don't like the Zenon headlights and those low profile, 20 inch rims are bad news. So I have an expensive vechicle the doesn't even come with fog lights. Second major problem is Mazda's choice of Bridgestone Dueler tires. They are NOT all season radials. I drove on an inch of snow and the car couldn't hold the road! So I have a AWD car that is dangerous in the snow!

Smart key system is neat. Comfortable and fun to drive (except in snow!).

The dash board lighting has two setting. A full on setting and a dimmer setting. Problem is there is a big difference between the highest setting the "dimmer setting can go and the full on. I find in the morning or evening or cloudy days that the dashboard lighting is either too dark or too bright. All Mazda had to do was make the dimmer setting goe brighter. Perhaps the genius that selected the tires also was responsible for the dash board lighting?